connection dropping? check realtek driver

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Hendoman, Apr 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

ok so for about 3 years, i though SOTA was causing my internet to drop - I thought it was admin rights, packet loss, just about everything...

i just looked at my realtek driver, which runs my internet, was version 2015. I've updated windows 10 forever, even the annoying fall update. Realtek never updated the new drivers.

so... i'd double check the realtek driver if you have one - there's a chance its in need of an update, which you can grab from the realtek website, unzip, and run.

THE HENDOMAN

Kara Brae likes this.
  2. Ryodin Stormwind

Ryodin Stormwind Avatar

Is this where you get constantly disconnected (PELICAN) for network congestion?

I have 100mbs internet with Xfinity (Comcast), and have been getting these constantly in this game exclusively. I play other games and get flawless connections. I have a Realtek network driver. Will inspect driver version and attempt update.

3. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

that's not all. I kept getting this 100% disk usage thing that was slowing my computer to a crawl, so reading the internet (chasing https://www.bing.com/search?q=AppXSvc AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC) I ended up disabling virus , gpedit.msc 'ing and blocking windows store from loading and cortana from loading.

Stopped the disk usage, and sota runs faster. So who knows what worked. I should put a 'honk if parts fall off' sticker on my computer..

THE HENDOMAN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.