consistency in drag-and-drop

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by ship2, Apr 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ship2

ship2 Avatar

I seriously doubt I'm the first to wish for this, but just to add my voice:

It would be gloriously wonderful to have consistency when pulling stacks of things between packs/chests/etc... Sometimes I move a stack I get the whole thing.. sometimes I get one... sometimes I need to hit shift to get the whole stack, half the time I do that there is only 1, every other time it selects the whole stack, pretty much guaranteeing I have to muck with the slider bar every other time.

I don't really care how it works, I just want it to work *the same way every time*.. then I can get used to it and be happily un-irritated every time I move stuff around :)

2. Lained

Lained Avatar

If you have decoration enabled and the item can be placed in the world then you'll drag 1 item otherwise you'll drag the stack unless holding shift to for the quantity prompt.

Jonah Hayes, Spoon and ship2 like this.
  3. Hermann von Salza

Hermann von Salza Avatar

Can we have shift enabled so I do NOT have to do it... it only makes sense.

4. ship2

ship2 Avatar

I did not know this! thank you!

5. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

On a related note, what's up with shift click on random items looted from enemies giving the "you can't leave items here" notice, and forcing a manual drag into backpack?

That is a continual annoyance...

6. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

It would be nice if, when you use shift to select an item in a container in decoration mode, the default value was the size of the stack and not one. If I'm using Shift to move the stack it's obvious that I don't want to just move one item. If it defaults to the entire stack size and I only want to move a few of the items in the stack then I could type in a number. But, instead every time I use shift I have to type(or drag the slider bar) in the number. It's making me perform an extra step for every item I want to move around.

Lained likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.