Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Consuming food feedback

Discussion in 'Release 35 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Sheamus McGuinness, Oct 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheamus McGuinness

Sheamus McGuinness Avatar

Love all the new food buffs and items coming to support more food in the game. I will say that when you eat a piece of food the animation looks out of place. Its like you are in prison and trying to gobble up your food before someone steals it. What makes it even worse is nothing actually appears in your hands. Its just you and a 'nom nom" montion in your hands to no actual food.

Im sure this is planned at some point, just thought now was a good time to bring it up since a lot of work is being done on food.

Chatele likes this.
  2. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Perhaps we should all carry a fork and spoon, perhaps a plate. Then and emote where you sit down and eat. I say this in jest, but actually would be better than what we have now. The fork and spoon could be craftable with crits, enchantments and masterwork additions. These eating utensils would fit in great with the 20 or so greyed out harvesting and crafting tools always visible in your backpack. Agree that buffs are a welcome addition and look forward to a well developed food system in the future.

3. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Aldo,

Eh should depend on what you're eating. Actually a bowl and spoon wouldn't be a bad idea for foods labeled "stew" or "soup." (The game icon already includes a bowl, right?) I'm not sure utensils would make sense for a piece of mutton or chicken leg. Although they could have a generic meat prop I guess... Probably could create a few generic animations and stretch them a long way.

Chatele and Aldo like this.
  4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

*insert obligatory spoon joke here*

[​IMG]

5. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I would like to eventually see animations where your avatar sits down and properly eats with utensils. It would be nice to actually be able to use those dining room tables... but that kind of thing can come later after the devs get the more important things taken care of.

Chatele and Hazard like this.
  6. Hazard

Hazard Avatar

Yes, that would be a nice addition, although shouldn't function in Viking (Norgard) towns. ;)

By Tor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.