Control Point Cams

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nuku, Aug 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nuku

Nuku Avatar

I just had an idea I wanted to throw out there. With my current hardware and single sota account, I can't follow through with the idea, however I wanted to at least mention it in case anyone else would want to give it a go.

Everyone has seen traffic/public cameras. What if there were live cameras broadcasting at the control points around the world? 90% of the time we'd just see idle baddies or players passing through, but the other 10% would be awesome control point wave action!

Each camera could have its own twitch channel. I'm sure there is a much more intricate way to do this, but one channel per stream seems the simplest way imo. Any thoughts or ideas?

2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Its an interesting idea, but like all scenes the Control Points are subject to instancing. So you can watch *a* Control Point, but you won't see what happens in all versions of them.

That said, having a stream like that would rock, and you'd still get 90+% of what happens. Somebody should do this!

| Grave | and Baalice like this.
  3. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Could Portalarium themselves set up some bot accounts that are invulnerable that just Twitch live-stream from popular PvP scenes, control points, etc?

4. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

I'd think it would be very easy to do. Source Film Maker uses the concept of cameras, like on a set, to record action as it speeds past. Place a Watchers eye on a pole and let that feed be the public one.

enderandrew likes this.
  5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Its actually very easy to do this in Unity. That would be something that their new Twitch account could use. It would require editing the existing scene, so probably wouldn't happen until a future release, but its definitely possible!

enderandrew likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.