Controlling Bots

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Sir Tim, Sep 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I seen that video too, and he also said that those types of quests are completely optional and that any resource gathered or item made would only have relevence to that quest and have nothing to do with the main story line to complete. Besides the fact that you wouldn't need to change your slider to accept a quest like that, I'm sure any online setting will do.

2. Devoid

Devoid Avatar

Perhaps the magicpvpsliderbarthingy(IM) will have a "no bots" setting somewhere. But I would prefer that bots are targetable and Pew-Pew one can kill them.
    If one stakes them through the heart, then they are perma-dead until someone pulls out the stake. That way they won't start botting as quickly, if ever, again.

3. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

Correct, it will be adjustable, changeable whenever you want.

4. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Why?

That would open the flood gates for abuse, I can see it now, the vision is clear:
    -slide it to public (attack players, loot their stuff, be a grieffer)
    -slide it back to solo (go out and mine, chop & harvest not seeing any others)

Seriously, do you really think it will be adjustable after chr creation? Seriously NOT... solves a whole lot of problems when it's NOT adjustable.

5. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

It's been mentioned as being adjustable from day 1.

I can see it being adjustable when you enter a hex but maybe not whenever you want. So, if I enter a hex, set it to PvP and attack, I can't then set it to Solo to help me run away. I could though run to exit the hex and then set it to solo and head off to mine, etc.

BillRoy likes this.
  6. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

My current understanding is that most likely you will set it when you log in. Thus, you can't use it as an escape route, really, as you'd have to wait for timeout.

7. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

That makes sense as well, though makes it tough if you get a "HELP" call from a friend, etc. "Oh, just wait for my to logout and back in then I'll come help..." hehe

8. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

Because that's what "They" said.
    That sounds reasonable, or go into a town, instance or rest area like an inn oy your house to reset it.

In GuildWars there is a drop-down menue where, when in towns (the only non-instanced place where you could mingle with and see and hear others you weren't grouped with) you could change "zones" or instances anytime at will just by clicking on the tab. That wouldn't really be fair in PvP, but anywhere else it wouldn't matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.