Cosmetic outfits

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Sentinel, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sentinel

Sentinel Avatar

I've searched for discussions on this issue and read the limited threads that I could find but I need a more direct answer. I am interested in showing off my various outfits as I play throughout the world but it appears there is no "cosmetic" option that allows me to keep my best armor on while displaying my cosmetic outfits.

The argument I've seen is that it wouldn't be fair for, I guess, PVP situations because players need to know if their intended targets are wearing plate or other types of armor for some reason. I assume that one would plan his tactics differently for different armor wearers? Or perhaps one would would be more inclined to attack a plate armor wearer due to it's higher monetary value in case they defeat their target?

Regardless, since I do not PVP I think it's a real shame to not show off my clockwork armor, or demon wings, or tophat, etc etc because they offer no armor values - which is perfectly understandable. I just want others to see my stuff.

Now I suppose the solution would be to carry my cosmetic items in my bag at all times and "change clothes" while I'm not adventuring but that level of "realism" is too much for me. I guess I'm a lazy gamer but I just can't see the harm in letting us have a cosmetic OPTION.

Perhaps... if you accept "PVP" as an option for your gameplay, you cannot display cosmetic armor but if you disable PVP your cosmetics become visible/available.

I just have all this cool stuff that no one will be able to see unless I carry it around and swap gear. And remember, you get pulled into scenes while running in the OW. Those cosmetics are gonna get me killed! LOL
    Would love to hear your opinions or any advice if I have missed something on this issue.
    Best Regards,
    ~Sentinel

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

You can use patterns to make your fighting armor look like your clockwork armor.

Time Lord and Sentinel like this.
  3. Sentinel

Sentinel Avatar

Thank you Pawz. I've heard of "patterns" but was unaware of their use in this regard. Can you answer a couple questions about them? If I am not a crafter, will I still be able to make use of them or are they a purely craft based thing? Can any item be patterned? More specifically, could I wear a patterned heavy armor suit while actually wearing light armor and vice versa?

Is there a good source for information on patterns? Doing a quick forum search resulted in very little info. Thank you for any advice!

Time Lord likes this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello there. Actually it's pretty easy to show on various outfits in this game. Here is what you do:

First put the outfit you want to wear on your avatar, then click the y key and create a new deck.
    NextName the deck like I have a party clothes one for example, then click use current equipment. You can set this deck to equip or alternate any time by clicking y key again as well as to equip or unequipped any decks.

You can only so far have 2 decks showing to alternate between each other at this time but who knows for later. Its easy to change active alternative decks by clicking the y key again to set.

Remember clothes have to be in your inventory to change. Also use modify in the y key to change a decks clothes and click use current equipment again so change happens.

I hope this makes sense. This is our system. I really like that we have it. For so long I didn't do extra decks but I was missing out;)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    Sentinel and Time Lord like this.
  5. Sentinel

Sentinel Avatar

That's wonderful Majoria - thank you so much!

majoria70 and Time Lord like this.
  6. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

Hi Patterns only work for the same armor/weapon type i.e. cloth for cloth sword for sword etc. You can use them with no crafting skill whatsoever. You always have the option of mixing your armor types to come up with what works best for your build i.e. chain chest with cloth hood, legs. feet and gloves is popular. Just keep in mind whatever your chest armor is, those are the passives that will apply.

Sentinel and Time Lord like this.
  7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

You are welcome Sentinel. I hope you enjoy. Here are a few outfits:
    St Patricks day outfit ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Merry Christmas
    [​IMG]

I will continue to rally for new outfits for this game so we have tons of variety. Here are some favorites below that I would love or at least a version of them. ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Time Lord and Sentinel like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.