crafted fishing lures

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Briar Vesper, Aug 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briar Vesper

Briar Vesper Avatar

:D I would like to see craftable lures down the road. Worms are good, but Winfield will attest that a deep sea cast iron spinner fly whatchmacallut catches the BIG kahunna! :cool:

2. Gregoire Visaard

Gregoire Visaard Avatar

A box of unexploded fire crackers also works well at catching fish!

Koldar likes this.
  3. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

I hope we can craft bait, and traps. Also hoping we can harvest worms in our garden.

4. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

The fish shop decor has crab traps, so hopefully there will be other kinds of aquaculture.

5. Briar Vesper

Briar Vesper Avatar

Winfield's Crab Shack in Paxlair is Now open for Buisness. "Bait my hook,cast my line,fishing is the way of life". Come talk to locals about bait ideas,grab a mug of ale, some smoked trout to eat, and Ocean front Vistas that surely are impressive!

Montaigne likes this.
  6. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

+1 for crafted fishing lures. Maybe there can be a bug system too like the legend of Zelda to use as materials!

Sara Dreygon and Briar Vesper like this.
  7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well in the hangout it was mentioned by Richard Garriott that eventually after a rain we will be able to get worms for our bait. I just realized I have a small boat today. I donated to the boat stretchgoal and the boats are in the game, not usable at the moment, but they look so nice. I just love them. I have it in my yard right now, but I might see if I can place it down by the dock if it will let me, maybe it won't yet, but I will try. So not only fishing but boating is so on my mind now. Thank you, thank you to the Dev team for getting my little boat in and ummmm making me wish for boating more and more;)

8. Verit

Verit Avatar

I think crafting lures is a great idea.
    They could even have different craftsman make different types of lures.
    Tailors could make lures for fly fishing.
    Blacksmiths could make make heavy duty lures, spinners, umbrella rigs, etc.
    Carpenters could make floats and bobbers.
    Chefs could make premium baits.

9. Briar Vesper

Briar Vesper Avatar

We have worms .. now we need rubber worms or rubber 2oz low density,spring suspension,multi reflective, circular,bobbers!

10. Briar Vesper

Briar Vesper Avatar

Ok I just had a brainstorm of an idea! What about a tinkerer skill that can make a bobber that has small motor inside it that moves the bobber from side to side until a fish latches on and then a neon red light comes on signaling Nemo is now on the hook! Fish on!!

Diedrich likes this.
  11. Verit

Verit Avatar

Briar, I don't know how you come up with this stuff, but I like it.
    Can tinkerer also make me an automatic reel? ... Sometimes I just don't want to out my beer mug down for anything :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Briar Vesper likes this.
  12. Briar Vesper

Briar Vesper Avatar

Do salmon actually like worms? I know we have fishing pole of prosperity, artisan fishing pole, standard fishing pole, crafted fishing pole. Some even have unique graphics. Gustball got love. Now we need a Nemo neon fish flipper prototype xlt-3000 bobber with the upgradable magnisium motor of gyration!

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  13. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    http://www.fishmadman.com/do-salmon-eat-in-the-river/

14. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Anyone know what the "borers" are for trees? I was of the thinking that these would be used as bait... now I have no idea what they are or what they'll be used for.

15. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Cool idea. Different lures could have different modifiers for reeling in different stuff.

16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Ok fact about worms. I just got curious because worms are soooooooo heavy in the game. So I looked up earthworms and how much they weigh. Of course this is per pound since I am in the US. In real life 1000 eathworms can weigh 1 pound. They are really not very heavy, yuk tho;)

So if our worms are gonna weigh .1 each (which they do in the game right now): Here is the weight for a total of : for example 353 worms do weigh 17.7 pounds in our game. It's a sample size. If we want to do some serious fishing we're gonna need tons of them, using 1 per cast, which may change. I know this is only the first iteration of fishing and bait. Oh where oh where is my packhorse to carry them;)

17. Briar Vesper

Briar Vesper Avatar

Great read on salmon ravicus! I actually discussed it with my wife without "wifeagro". And found out why fly fishing is popular. I also like the idea of each skill tree making different parts on lures. Cork for carpenters,spinners from blacksmiths, flies from tailors. It would encourage more crafting and higher tier availability kinda like making purple dye. So the .0015 Oz purple/ green fly made from camel hair, tied in spider silk,spotted with black pearl and pine resin, coated in transparent ultra violet dye, which only LARGE mouth bass are renowned for loving ( i know bass love worms but keep reading! )and require a lvl 75 carpenter to mount on a double layered maple mount board,with a golden namable plate!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.