Crafting Enchanting Gems Alchemy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DalTXColtsFan, Nov 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

@DalTXColtsFan if you plan to level your masterwork and enchantment skills, here's some tips:
    1) to save gold&silver, build up a good pool of XP before going MW+E;
    2) buff up your XP transfer rate by using obsidian potion, Lost Vale blessing and special foods from supply bundles, so each skill use will get more XP from the pool.

This way you may reach GM in a more cost effective way.

DalTXColtsFan likes this.
  2. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

OK so I've seen the lists of masterworks and enchantments, and I've seen the SotaWiki article with all of the existing artifacts.

Is there anything else I should be looking into? For example, an experienced player who helped me get started gave me a heraldry cloak that had a +34 strength bonus. How could I craft something like that myself? And are there other megabonuses like that out there that I don't see, like something that could give a +34 boost to intelligence or dexterity?

Another question - I looked through the list of artifacts and didn't see anything that jumped out as boosting fire resistance. The closest I saw was the Ring of Water which boosted water attunement (which, at least in theory, would boost the effectiveness of Ice Shield and Douse).

Hope this made sense. Always appreciate the help.

FBohler likes this.
  3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

That list of Masterworks and Enchants is not up to date. It doesn't show the Major mw/ench (Major Strength, Major Focus, etc.) which give larger bonuses. I believe your MW/Ench skills need to be over 100 for those results to start showing up.

Yeah, you could do the same. Though, some items can only get some MW types. I think leather armors can only get dex MWs, cloth Int, metal Str. (All three are available as enchantments on all items, though.) Backslots work a little differently for MWs, but I don't recall the specifics. I think cloaks can get Str or Int, for example.

Also, the piece will affect the strength of MWs and Enchants. Strength on a chest piece will be higher than on a pair of gloves.

Anpu likes this.
  4. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

If I recall correctly, backslot items can only be Enchanted, no Masterwork allowed. Don't know for sure.
    A +34 stat boost os pretty much top notch for a backslot item.

5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

No, I just made several sets of wings and a few quivers, and both masterworked and enchanted them.

FBohler and DalTXColtsFan like this.
  6. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Oh cool, good to know!

7. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Earlier in this thread I posted a "plan" for what to do with several hundred animal hides instead of selling them (use them for producer XP).

A few hundred pieces of pork meat provide both options as well. You have to buy a bunch of bread, cooking pots, glass jars, pecan nuts, vegetables and turkey meat. But by the time you've crafted all of the salt cured pork, bacon and sandwiches you'll have gained over a million producer XP. I haven't done the full math, but it doesn't look like the sandwiches sell for more than the cost of the sum of their ingredients though.

FBohler likes this.
  8. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I feel cooking and brewing potions is more of a RP and XP thing than anything else.
    I tend to produce my own potions so I make a bit of crafting XP, but the time it takes to gather and refine ingredients for food makes me lean towards buying from other players instead.

9. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

When looking at other people's tailoring crafted items, I keep seeing primary and secondary dye. But when I do tailoring myself, unless I'm missing something I'm not seeing any opportunities to add dye to any of my recipes - it's just craft cotton, fustian or carapacian thread, then bolts of cloth, then a cloak or belt.

What am I missing? If I actually wanted to dye my tailored work how would I do it? And are there any dyes that have magical properties?

Thanks in advance
    DTXCF

FBohler likes this.
  10. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

You add dye later. Drag the dye onto the item in your inventory, or onto the item on your paperdoll. Not all things are dyeable. Also, even though everything has two dye channels, on many items only the primary channel actually does anything.

Dyes are only visual, no stats or anything. Unless by magical you meany fancy vfx, there's a few dyes that do things like that.

DalTXColtsFan and FBohler like this.
  11. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

I could swear I've asked this before but I can't seem to find the answer: The only real "penalty" when a socketing, enchanting or masterwork fails is the item's durability, correct? None of the "bonuses" from previous enchantments or masterworks are removed, correct?

FBohler likes this.
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Correct (except failing to socket a gem or jewel causes no harm). Each enchant/masterwork failure also reduces the "plus" number (e.g. Hard Maple Longbow +10 becomes Hard Maple Longbow +9) but that doesn't affect it's actual performance.

13. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

So one other thing I'm noticing now that most of my masterworking skills are up around 120 is that the better "blessings" like heavyweight strength cause more durability reduction. I crafted a bronze halberd of greater tempestry which started as an exceptional item, and after 3 enchants and 3 masterworks - with NO FAILURES - the item had a durability of only 10. Is this normal?

Time Lord and FBohler like this.
  14. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

yep. that's why it lists the cost for each in the pick window. choose wisely.

15. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

You'll probably be good with 3 MW + 2 E.

Time Lord likes this.
  16. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

o_O Looking for the best bang for the bucks after a weapon super buff?

:eek: "OMG! Weapon durability 10" :confused:!'
    [​IMG]

Maybe a preservation potion with weapons preservation skill up around 130 :D~TL~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.