Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Crafting Wooden Poles: Excessive Resource Consumption

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by No Longer In Use, Feb 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No Longer In Use

No Longer In Use Avatar

Crafting a single wooden pole requires six timber. Refining four logs yields three timber. Chopping down a tree usually yields one or two logs -- sometimes of differing wood types. That means it takes a minimum of four trees, and a maximum of eight trees, to create a single wooden pole. (This assumes that the lumberjack in question receives compatible wood yields on all attempts, e.g. eight maple logs or eight pine ones.)

It takes one wooden pole to make a chair, and two to make a table. Now, consider the legs of a wooden dining table. Do those four legs look like they contain eight to sixteen trees' worth of wood? What about the chairs around that table? Does each chair have legs stout enough to contain four to eight trees?

I understand that junior carpenters aren't as efficient as artisans, but seriously, if you need to hack down an entire forest to furnish your living room, may I humbly suggest that carpentry isn't your calling in life?

2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

lol yeah some of the recipes are way off. I was noticing this in R12-13. It might be a little while before it gets straightening out but right now it's beyond ridiculous.

c0hlera and Lord Baldrith like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.