Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Crafting...

Discussion in 'Release 4 Feedback' started by Takoja, Mar 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Takoja

Takoja Avatar

I'm not sure I like this no help at start of crafting...I think that basic formulas of things should be able to learn from "master" and after that you should have to figure complex ones your self...but it might be just that haven't really got in to yet...maybe it grows on me...I loved crafting in UO it was so nice to stand at the forge and craft and talk with other crafters...

Has anyone been able to find how to make an arrow?? I have tried but haven't been able to figure it out yet...

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Unfortutely I haven't gotten very far. I heard someone say nodes were outside of town , so I went outside the walls and scowered the countryside....nothing
    I went to the overworld map went down the path some and landed in a instance with a road and grass on each side and huge "placeholder" messages on all sides....but no resources.
    I saw this cave on the overworld map and went to investigate. Found some resources and bandits in there but you can't get out....had to delete my character....no resources

I know they're somewhere as I see people making stuff, guess I just have to aimlessly wander some more tonight. But as someone with very limited time to play I might just go back to landmarks closed beta as I know how to find the resources I need there.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Nodes are in wilderness areas. So head out of town, move to a a hex with a tree in in, and double-click. Find a red tree and use your harvesting axe to chop it down. For mining, look for darker blotches on stones; those are the exposed ore veins; use your pickaxe to mine them for iron ore, and occasionally silver or gold. Kill animals and use your skinning knife on them. There are also plants to gather, they look like small bushes with cotton on them; use the sickle to gather those.

If you need help, the wiki has quite a few of the crafting recipes.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Xenar

Xenar Avatar

I looted the chests in the bandit cave a few times, and found the exit. I am 0-12 against skeletons, I killed a necromancer with no loot. I also killed a few kobolds, of which a few dropped a few golds, and zero value kobold hammers. I hope to make some armor, and. A shield.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

I'm not even sure that a recipe for crafting arrows is even in the game yet? Which of the current crafting skills would make them?

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

Go out in the wilderness and kill some elves. They each have a longsword you can sell for 130g. Then buy mats from the "trainer" guy in Owl's Head and check the chests there every few min in Solo Online and you can stock up a bit.

I would hope that in the real game there will be some kind of training or something for how to do all this harvesting/crafting. I seem to recall the e-mail they sent out for R3 had a video on crafting linked in it? They should probably make a quick guide document for crafting to go out to testers each revision...

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Dreamwriter

Dreamwriter Avatar

Did you somehow miss the crafting trainer in Owl's Head? He gives help at start of crafting, gives you a couple basic formulas (sword and chair), and tells you how to access the recipe book including using it while crafting.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Xenar

Xenar Avatar

i did go to single player mode, and crafted several pieces of plate. With plate, and the snake sword, I can kill skeletons, dying once in the middle. I made it down to the third level of the skeleton dungeon, and was trying to kill the 2 mace wielding skellies when I had to log. I was using an iron long sword from the previous skellies. Not sure I will get back in game today to venture further.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. hurriedcorgi

hurriedcorgi Avatar

So has anyone figured out where to buy or if there is a recipe for arrows yet?

Samlee and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.