1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Critical hits when crafting x 5/x 10/x20

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Elrond, Aug 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

By now everyone knows how tedious crafting can be the long timer ..hours /days spent just crafting stuff or refining ... Speeding up the proccess might be one way , another could be critical hits .

We already have the base skills for each crafting tree ( Carpentry has the innate carpentry skills ..so on ) ..We can attach critical hits to the base skill .

Critical hits

As long as you have enough materials in inventory you have a chance to sometime craft x 5 instead of just 1 item or x 10 or x 20 ...the higher the crafting skill the more critical hits .

We also need to increase minimum batch size to everything we craft to at least 40 ...

The way we get exceptional items might also need to be changed ....

More improvements that can benefit crafting

- 1000 durability molds , sheets , tools

@Chris @Bzus

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  2. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

I assume you mean Maximum here....

3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I would be against this proposal! For me, sometimes I am crafting with bare resources, as I am not a crafter, I just do it on my spare time, now if I would need to be cautious of holding the precise amount of materials to not get effed by the RNG x5 or x10, and having to do that for every T2 resource I am trying to make or component I am making, which would make it way more tedious.

This system works great for high end crafters doing bulk crafting like you, but the casual crafter like me might end up getting effed over more than not.

Jaesun, Bedawyn, Cordelayne and 2 others like this.
  4. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Yeah, having it happen automatically isn't a great low- to mid- crafter experience. However, having a 5x and 10x version of each recipe, which could then be batched as normal, would be a huge improvement to higher level craftsmen.

5. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

This could work also... but would be ton of work to add the recipes ... it could be an option when you open the craft window ...you could tick a box...to craft 5 at a time or 10 or 20 ? ...less work for port same effect .

Cordelayne likes this.
  6. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I don't want crafting speeded up. We're a pre-industrial society, people should not be able to just click a button and create dozens or hundreds of items in a few moments, no matter their skill level.

And when I came here I was specifically looking to be able to adventure when I was fresh and entirely focused on the game, to craft when I was tired or distracted -- crafting would benefit from my full attention when I could give it, but wouldn't require it every second, not when I was just repeating recipes I already knew. So on a personal level, faster crafting would be frustrating for me, since it would reduce my ability to play when I'm tired.

On a game-wide level, since speeding up the process would benefit high-level crafters much much more than lower-level ones (who are less likely to have enough materials for huge batches), I believe it would only exacerbate the problems in the current game economy, with the disparity in wealth-building assets between backers and newer players.

On the other hand, I'm all for improving the way exceptional and critical rolls benefit crafters (which currently seems to be "not a whole heck of a lot").

7. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

What economy?

Jaesun, Xandra7 and Bedawyn like this.
  8. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Adding options and the code to support them is still work, especially if its only for some recipes. They already have the code necessary for recipes, so its just hooking it up and adding it to a vendor/loot bundle. I don't see that it is less work either way.

9. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

There could be a downside to this . If you choose to craft 20 at a time youd only get xp for crafting one and no exceptionals. This way people got a choice... you want to produce slowly to build your craft xp pool or craft some exceptional wepaons or produce fast x 20 to restock vendor but way less craft xp and no exceptionals.

10. Bryce Pallaton

Bryce Pallaton Avatar

I've watched people make period authentic weapons and armor. Even with more modern tools and techniques it takes an age to make a period-styled replica, let alone an authentic built-with-period tools.

If this were a simulation we would set our poor avatars at the task of making a bow and then let the computer idle for the next day or two while our character goes through the animations! This is taking the in-game time difference into account.

The fact is, it comes down to clicking a button. The amount of time it takes for the bar to go from the left to the right is almost completely arbitrary (there are some technical reasons the minimum possible time is not instantaneous). The fact that you do this and the result is one or two items is also arbitrary; the recipe could be for any positive number!

Since there are parameters that can be tweaked to improve the gameplay experience, the natural question is:

"What are the optimal values? How long should it take to make 1 of these things? 10? 100? Assume the resource cost is consistent: making ten items one at a time costs the same as making ten items at one time, the only variable is the time."

Edit: Toned it down a bit.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.