DarkStarr Quote and Why I Stay Despite My Frustration

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bayard, Jul 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

How, Meta... A conspiracy theory to explain the conspiracy theories... Offered up from an unnamed third source... I Love It!

Astirian, Jaesun, Brugas and 3 others like this.
  2. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I think this is true without a doubt. aka "social engineers"

Brugas, Lord Trady of Blix and Elrond like this.
  3. Tsumo2

Tsumo2 Avatar

I told him I thought it was pretty speculative and sure, I understand the motive, but how could you ever prove it?

Brugas and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  4. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Because the conspirators are Just That Smart... I mean, everyone know the Illuminati have been running the world for Centuries, but how much hard evidence is there?

StrangerDiamond likes this.
  5. Tsumo2

Tsumo2 Avatar

But it is weird how quiet the detractors are right now.

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  6. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Both can be true... thing is you cannot change people, and I have warned you all that UO trolls aren't just trolls... they're the whole bestiary and they are known for socially engineering games towards a grind/RMT, especially for the UO crowd.

Reason I warned is not because I condone being completely out of control and stalking the devs or members here (which I clearly would never do)... its because Lord British teased, lets not be afraid of words... many of them, especially those that had lots of money to invest, especially at a critical time where it was impossible to say what the end product would look like.

Remember how I fought for a siege perilous to gather all those players into a place that they at least slightly recognize ? I was already in DAMAGE CONTROL mode. Trying to be of service to all, because it was obvious the way events would flow.

It is what it is, you cannot change people even if in your mind they should behave they might not, thats why you don't needle people after 4 years of development, those that survived the process are irritated and jaded (still talking about loyal UO fans).

There comes a point where its hard to see the light. It's no excuse for illegal behavior, its also no excuse to dodge the philosophical discussion and only reclaim one side of the medal.

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  7. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

You guys are paranoid... the playerbase isn't that big, the RMT bounty isn't that big and Portalarium keeps a check on it with their COTO scheme...

Both sides are extremely paranoid... most of those you generalize about and put in the same bag, your detractors... are merely entertaining themselves, they get bored too... humans too.

Your main souce of "weird" isn't them... its actors who don't need to show themselves and would never be so brash as to expose themselves thus.

8. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Funny you say that, completely agree with the irony... but at the same time I made a historical visit of my city and out of 6 surviving cemetaries, 5 are exclusively freemasonic, the churches have the symbols and they proudly wrote plaques saying that the funded and built the whole city. But freemasons aren't all illuminati, and people will get confused when you start explaining to them how complex that story is.

It's the same thing I think with how people perceive the detractors as one single entity, its an obvious error in judgement.

9. Tsumo2

Tsumo2 Avatar

Good point, it's an error to over generalize.

10. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I keep the red smarties for the finish :)

Very well written, I can get behind that. Just a few things :

- It seems very understandable that the community, after a few attacks become defensive and that it created some false perceptions. But my point has been all along that many have been feeding the beasts, through FireLotus management all the way until now.

And when you cannot generalize and say ALL critiques who turned rasp are such beasts... you have to realize that people act sometimes on such perceptions instead of facts.

I think Myrcello is a good example of a backer that is clearly not a beast and who demonstrated a high level of integrity and self-awareness :

here is a thread 2 years ago as an example.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...gestion-for-pvp-lots-outlaw-lots.61828/page-4

It's not extremist white knighting... but its people imitating an attitude in front of a perceived threat.

Once its normalized, then you have people with 100% good intentions getting the same attitude as someone who's been bashing the game since the beginning with close to no constructive feedback.

Then those who have a tendancy to rely on perceptions, might fall in the trap and yes support unilaterally the detractors because they cannot see the moral ground the other group stands on, it does look like bullying. "lets not let him talk because it could split the community, enter next fear here"

So now you get those who have been bullied in their life, and those who fought against bullying for their children and friends, jumping in too.

That is when the REAL trolls... not those who simply bash the devs... and lets be 100% honest about it here... dosen't all political and public figures receive such flak ?

Yes they do, and be thankful Trump isn't moderating the "forums" like it happened here :p

Some people are just jealous that Lord British against all odds managed to remain rich and famous, they will blend in with the rest of the offended disgruntled players fighting against bullying and they will become nearly impossible to distinguish.

What is sad here, is that it was all preventable, by only honoring what UO pretended to be... the old school sandbox. Lord British attracted those critiques and UO players though his interviews, saying he wanted to recreate the thrill of it.

He didn't need to actually develop it all perfectly to get their loyalty, only to offer a safe space (I'll use your expression) for them to be able to discuss how they think it could be in the future, once the core game was developed.

I remember spending at least 10 threads just trying to explain to people that talking about UO ruleset PVP wasn't a threat to the game, that it wouldn't split the servers because it could be literally just another game mode like friends online, giving the choice to all, and that I was only considering it in a 5-6 years timeframe. Yes that means I was ready to support SOTA financially until then, just for a "maybe", yes maybe you can have your siege perilous in 6 years Ahu.

Just that, you win my loyalty, because you honor, because you have compassion and understand why RMT hurts and hurt (past tense) our playstyle.

Just : We understand, talk about it all you want in the PvP sections, we value your feedback because we know we created your type of players by creating UO.

The answer of those 10 threads looked like myrcello's thread... pure covert indirect bullying and a discussion that dies before its time because noone else dares participate because it was clearly expressed they weren't welcome to discuss it in public because "fear". I even tried to title some threads : when SOTA is successful in 5 years after launch, what do you think would be the best PvP ideas... that thread was also run into the ground believe it or not, as if it was a current threat.

So it isn't so much direct white knighting that is a major problem, its how people jump in with the same attitude, without asking themselves if they even have the expertise to speak on such complex matters like retaining the UO playerbase.

They saw someone else do it, so they do it thinking its a service to the community... while clearly someone should have stepped in and told players who come in a thread saying "I have absolutely no interest in PvP, but I must ask you to stop your discussion about the future short because it might offend some other people who do not care at all for PvP".

You want to show how other games handle moderation, well show it completely, they would have stopped this behavior immediately and even made special secret threads in another forum for people to continue the discussion.

NOT lock 20 threads and let people slowly but surely look like they are in a war against the powers that be...

jammaplaya and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  11. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Ah also I wanted to say another good word for Myrcello... he posted a whole wall of text about how hard Berek's job was in that "forum", and wished him luck in his future endeavors.

And believe it or not, a good quarter of the "place we musn't quote" accused him of being an apologist, it got kind of ugly.

They are not all the same people, they are not organized, and some display the same type of behavior they despise.

mass, jammaplaya and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  12. Tsumo2

Tsumo2 Avatar

Thanks. I really wish the guy would let me meet him.

13. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Just look at the rules posted in the right hand column, and then compare the contents of any thread.

I've determined that the rules, much like roadway markings in Moscow, are purely decorations.

14. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Now you're just teasing me!
    An ANONYMOUS, Unnamed Third Party Source!!!
    This just keeps getting better!

There should be dark alleys in the rain... Overcoats, floppy hats, shadows, and a lot of cigarette smoke! And, Phone Calls with Voice Modulators that don't last more than 30 seconds so they can't be traced!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    Jaesun and StrangerDiamond like this.
  15. Floors

Floors Avatar

Theres definately disinformation and shenanigans that go on. Whether its a conspiracy by the trilateral commission or not I dunno.

16. Evadrepus

Evadrepus Avatar

There are upwards of 65,000 accounts sold, which doesn't count free trials.

There are, per RG's latest statement, somewhere around 5k people playing (every other number suggests sub-500, but using his own words here).

Forsetti's analogy is generous, based on those actual, factual numbers. It would be 1 happy player for every 13, at a minimum (assuming RG's 5k number has facts around it).

Pickley and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  17. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Also figure in how many people own multiple accounts. I myself have 8. I know others that have many more. Most of the speculators have multiple accounts. So imagine if people that have multiple accounts log in each day with them to get the oracle welfare on each account. It narrows the numbers down even more.

18. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

So "every single discussion" has someone portraying a gloom and doom outlook? Do you have any facts? Care to do an analysis of how many threads are "infected" as you say? Otherwise, we provide disiniormation.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  19. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

False equivalence again on many of the posts since my last post.

If the Illuminati still exist, they are masters of keeping themselves hidden and are very smart.

However, on the other hand.

If Illuminati fired up a Reddit channel called "Illuminati Raw" and had a handful of people dropping 10,000 posts of walls and walls of text talking about their deep and detailed secrets I would be suspect. Imagine them putting up thousands of hours of deep investigation conspiracy theories as well as visiting every discussion on the internet with the same posted about them, I would probably say "ya, they probably do exist".

The anti-SOTA social engineers are simply not as smart as the Illuminati because you can read what they say now and its pretty clear their intent.

Again, people conflate them with normal old "Joes" who say something negative about the game. But thats also their game. False equivalence, there is no conspiracy theory, go read what they post and go back a few years.

20. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

What I find interesting is that only 3 people on these forums keep bringing up the Raw Reddit Community and so called conspiracy social engineers. They keep telling people to go there and read the posts. It's kind of a head scratcher to me.

HoustonDragon, Hornpipe, mass and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.