Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Death Shield, please someone explain this to me.

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by Poor game design, Jan 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I've used this spell. It does exactly what it says it does. Only the health (according to the combat log, appears to be calculated first, then the damage).

What's the point of this? If someone hits me for 40 points of damage and right before I get 4 points of health, I end result is that I took 36 points of damage. I don't see the value in this spell as it's been currently implemented. Keep in mind it's a tier 3 spell (and should require reagents). I didn't see any great benefit in stacking the spell, btw.

To me, the Death Shield should be similar to Immolation. Which has the following description:

But instead of a chance to take fire damage, the Death Shield should be more like a constant Death Field draining the life of ANYONE around it.

Please someone explain to me where I'm wrong?

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  2. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

Yeah that one doesn't make much sense.

3. Jivalax Azon

Jivalax Azon Avatar

I agree Drocis. I think it looks good in theory, damage is reduced by having the field around you. But in practice it is kind of worthless. Having a constant life drain would be more in line with other spells like immolation. And keep with the death magic feel. As it is, it seems more like an Air magic shield, slowing the blow by a fraction to reduce damage. (and even then I think 50% would be more reasonable.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.