Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Directions from NPC's

Discussion in 'Release 35 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by ldykllr, Oct 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

So, after wandering through several towns (Central Brittany, Kingsport, Owlshead), I haven't found many NPC's that will give directions. None of the guards I talked to in Owlshead or Central Brittany could tell me where the bank was. The one guard I talked to in Kingsport was able to tell me where the bank was. I tried many different permutations ("Where is the bank", "Directions to Bank", "Bank", etc). I figured all the guards should know where the bank is ;)

2. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

It's only implemented as written in the release notes for Soltown for testing as of this build. Will spread out to other cities by release.

3. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

Oh okay! I will check it out in Soltown then :) Thanks @Lum the Mad

4. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

@Lum the Mad would it be possible to have NPC guards respond to a query like "points of interest" where they can just give a brief overview of the main highlights in a town? It can be a bit tedious to try to figure out what they might respond to and new players will not know about anything in the town. For example, in Soltown I was able to ask about the bank and soltown catacombs (they only respond to catacombs btw, if you say "Soltown Catacombs" they will tell you about Soltowwn instead) and the blacksmith. Asking about the merchant, crafting trainer (they only tell you where the adventuring trainer is), or tavern yielded either an "Hmm" or "I don't know where that is" or a similar response.

5. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Tavern is listed as inn, I'll fix all of the above. A "points of interest" keyword is just a little too much of a direct data dump.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.