Does any..stop and talk to other players on the overland map

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Gregoire Visaard, May 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gregoire Visaard

Gregoire Visaard Avatar

It seems like everyone is hell bent on getting where they want to go in this game. especially on the overland map. It is like a super highway. Try and say high to someone! STOP and smell the roses people! The best part of the game is the person nearest you!...stumbles:eek: off the soap box, and on down the ol dusty road!

2. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

I'm rarely in multi-player mode to know about this. If I were in multi-player though I'd say hi :) Right now it's more beneficial to be in single player online/friends only online mode so that you don't have to worry about competing for resources and creatures. :(

3. Ariella Shadowdancer

Ariella Shadowdancer Avatar

:p:rolleyes:I do.. I do! I talk to everyone and anyone. I even help you or anyone out if they need. Oh and I like roses.

Oba Evesor, Leelu, Maka and 9 others like this.
  4. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

I look forward to finding you in game. I'm constantly chatting with people randomly as I encounter them, be it in town, on overworld map, or in hostile area while we are scrambling to not die.

Leelu, Maka, Womby and 6 others like this.
  5. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I tried.. A bunch of people did the auto pilot move to the destination, though. Some do whisper back, some got connection timed out after awhile.

Oba Evesor, Leelu, Maka and 6 others like this.
  6. Balandar

Balandar Avatar

I don't notice the chat window half the time. I wish we could have it ping, ding, dong, cock a doodle doo, or something if someone talks near us or whispers.

Sue D Nim, Galamar, Aldo and 13 others like this.
  7. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I do most of the time. It depends if I am late to a player ran event.

I usually wave.

Oba Evesor, Leelu, Maka and 8 others like this.
  8. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

I usually walk around minding my own business... but i reply when i notice someone is talking to me.

In the lesser cases where i tried to talk to someone (be it in the OW or in a scene) they are usually gone before i can type a sentence, and either they don't notice a Hi!/Good day!/Well met! or they don't want to answer. Thinking about the former, having emotes with attached sound and a quick way to perform them (emote bar) is a feature that may improve social interaction, imo.

9. uziraff

uziraff Avatar

I will say things occasionally, a lot of times i'll circle like a shark as well.

Oba Evesor, Leelu, Maka and 4 others like this.
  10. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I generally dont, if Im on the main map its because Im trying to get somewhere really fast with purpose. Its hard enough to keep up with guild chat.

Oba Evesor, Leelu, Sea Bear and 2 others like this.
  11. Gregoire Visaard

Gregoire Visaard Avatar

Maybe someone might be able to show you a spot with better production or, party up and go someplace where both of you can gather way more than you ever could on your own! Just a thought.

Leelu and Ice Queen like this.
  12. Gregoire Visaard

Gregoire Visaard Avatar

Maybe we need one of those little microphone things like on your phone, where you can hit it real quick and say something it types it, then hit send and in 5 seconds or less it is out there ...along with some kind of a chirp or sound like brakes squealing to get someones attention before they blast on by. My typing is terrible and I get nervous when I meet strangers for some reason.

13. Gregoire Visaard

Gregoire Visaard Avatar

Could be a new form of communication, make Facebook, Instagram, Snap chat and Twitter look passe! Some-kind of new thang! started right hear in the coolest game in the whole wide world!

Or maybe we just need a horn to get someone attention as we cross paths and wish to talk. Maybe our future Horsey rides can have a whinny emote we can lock into a key

Acred, Leelu, Maka and 2 others like this.
  14. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Well... to each his own I guess but just saying 'high' to someone does seem to be more of an exclamation of your own state and not as much perceived as an invite to participite in getting there by roses.
    ;):p
    Also Spoon is more of a beer and wine kinda outlander, so if you see him you might want to shout out 'drunk' instead?`

:D....and slightly more on topic, I try to always stop and chat a bit if someone says something. Although I don't think I'm representative of the general population in Novia.

15. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

I usually wave, even if it's extra hard to click on a darting avatar and type /wave in chat fast enough before s/he disappears at the horizon...

16. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    I very often love to say hi or hold a conversation, but tend to panic as I'm not that fast typing and worry that the other person ether gets bored with me waiting or thinks I'm ignoring them. So to simplify it all I only tend to wave at people if I can catch them in time.

17. Hermann von Salza

Hermann von Salza Avatar

it is true that when traveling brit to skara brae I was all about getting there. however if I wanted to stop to say hi, it was very easy and it was very visual. usually when I try to type to someone, all my hot keys go off before I can say Hi. I an not a fan over map as in its current state. I am not a fan of the chat system, even though i think as of yesterday I have figured it out. [ started 3 weeks ago] the over land map where your a nephilim towering over the building just seems artificial and not that inviting to chat, built more for a highway of sorts. In all fairness, I have had a couple overt friendly encounters while attending the overland map.

Leelu, Moiseyev Trueden, Maka and 3 others like this.
  18. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

I usually waves and answer IF you speak on the local chat. If you don't (if you whisper) it happened to me several times not to notice it as i don't pin the chat box.

19. Hermann von Salza

Hermann von Salza Avatar

also as in Uo, when you ran by some one fighting in a spawn you would notice from the road or you chat system would say, "you see Marcus". like in the scenes now, but when traveling on the map, obviously what goes on inside is unseen.

Leelu and Maka like this.
  20. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

I group up in friends only when someone wants to. :) I usually gather alone though, I gather a lot of mats up on my own and stockpile them for guildies/friends. :) I'm like a squirrel with mats lol.

Aldo, Leelu, Moiseyev Trueden and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.