Does SOTA feel like an Ultima game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Roger36, Jan 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miganarchine

Miganarchine Avatar

Perhaps we should get a petition running for RG to get the name Ultima back off EA?

Roger36 likes this.
  2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Hmm... I suspect that would be quite a hit to the budget, especially considering EA/Mythic is actually still using the name for products (mostly in mobile games).

3. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

Also, he said in an interview that he's been trying to do that off and on for years, but it never gets very far with EA. They're not really interested in selling the IP.

NRaas likes this.
  4. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

EA has closed down PetSociety as of last summer.
    It is/was a very popular and loved FB game with a huge amount of loyal fans, fans who played every day, bought items through the cash-shop and used the game for recreation and social interaction keeping in touch with friends and reletives in a personal and meaningful way.
    They aren't intrested in selling or letting go of it or selling it and have stated that.
    They certainly won't release any part of a game that they are making money off of and have a current subscriber base for.
    :(
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspe...-community-be-able-to-savepetsociety-from-ea/

5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

So far not really, there is nothing in the game that has enticed me yet to crave to play it! Im not much of a resource gatherer, or crafter, so maybe after combat comes out test, i might change my outlook, i dont like the deck system explained! (but well see) I think when combat comes out in R - whatever, i will know whether im going to like this game or not! Keep in mind not all of us are crafters or gatherers! As far as UO'ish Nope not really i dont see anything that will keep me addicted yet! As far as Ultima-like yeah, i see this as a single player game (Ultima) trying to move to an online game replacing NPC helpers (like in Ultimas) with real people (your friends). If all else fails ill just play single player online, and go elsewhere for something closer to UO which in my opinion is the best game ever designed, and the way i like to play online!

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.