Duke's Island Castle (Keep)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kytail, Dec 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kytail

Kytail Avatar

I've visited Hometown, but all I found was a Duke's Keep on the waterfront. Definitely wasn't the same thing as what's pictured here.

So, does anyone know where I might find one of these in-game? I'd like to go check it out.

(or are these even in the game, yet?)

Jack Frost likes this.
  2. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

If you find one, let me know. I asked Lord British about them a month ago, and he gave me a blank stare.

3. Sir Frank

Ok, that's not entirely fair.
    What he said was he didn't know, but he suspected the polycount was probably what is holding them up.

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

LMAO - AGAIN ??? Really why does this keep coming, would a Dev please just put and end to this and either remove the OLD picture. An update to the page is really needed.

Again the picture is a keep on a small island, NOT the Island keep people keep looking for.

I know I know they said I might come in but STOP reading into it or looking for it. The Island Keep is exactly what you see placed on a City Water Lot. Exactly as it is described, NOT the OLD picture.

The picture is a Keep - 2x City Lots on a Very small island. And again I also know that in Port Mirren and other templates you can get it appear BUT :)

Again on Port Mirren you can SACRIFICE your 2x City Lot Keep Island and place a City water Boat, BUT you then Lose the land space. These cannot fit on City Water lots as they are 2x City spaces??? Make sense?

Seriously a Very old topic, covered in another thred.

5. Kytail

Kytail Avatar

Can you please point me to that thread? I had a hard time finding such information.

6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Sorry I think it was on al old (archived) thread Looking for it now

7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

8. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

These are not functioning correctly in game yet but yes the intention is to have islands like pictured for Dukes and LotMs in various water locations like the islands off of Kingsport. Note that the island will only have the same deco space as a regular Keep / Castle lot. The island itself does not create more deco space.

9. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Remember they will need to be 2x (4x for LotM) City lots so something needs to change drastically from what they are presented as a City Water Lot. That is what is causing all the confusion. People are looking for them on City Water Lots, which they are NOT. They are Special Islands found only in specific areas. And they are actual Keeps or Castles. The problem is in the pledge page they are depicted as a Duke (LotM) add on. They are not the Duke Water Keep given they ARE Duke (LotM) lots on Small Island which is what I kee trying to point out.

NOT the Duke Water Keep - which is placed on a City Water Lot, confusion there :)

10. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Hence the "not functioning correctly". :)

11. Kytail

Kytail Avatar

Thanks for the link to that other thread. It did show how those other Dukes were able to convert their lots into the island and all that, which gave me some idea of what to expect to see in R24 (but not implying what I should expect to see in Release).

Thanks for clarifying in both threads. Truly appreciated.

4EverLost likes this.
  12. Kytail

Kytail Avatar

Speaking of "both threads," would it be appropriate to merge the two topics?

I apologize for not seeing the other one. It was in a completely different forum that I didn't even realize existed. :)

Weins201 likes this.
  13. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Does that mean that there may also be a special lot for POT owners to use for these as well?

14. Sir Frank

Thank you @DarkStarr .
    I'm looking forward to hunting for one to claim.

Deliverence and Kytail like this.
  15. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

To bump an old thread @DarkStarr

Where might Dukes find these locations to claim? I kind of thought we might see an island keep or two in Brittany a distance out into the water. And more water lots too - there's I think 1 town and 1 city lot in the water. Though the city water lots hold that duke keep, and I'd rather see a galleon or frigate on it :p

I actually thought we'd see a tendency towards larger lots in Brittany but it's really weighted towards the village and row lots (117 lots, 94 are row and village). Ah well :)

16. Nox Haven

Nox Haven Avatar

The Duke Island Water Keep (and LotM Castle Keep) are basically pier docks out in the middle of the water. You can either swim out to them, climb on the pier and claim via the deed stone, or you can hop/click on a boat at the docks on the mainland to teleport you to those pier docks. Once you claim either, it gives you an option to check a box "claim extra land'. Once you do that an Island with the keep/castle wall template appears. You can put a home and decorations inside the walls. The 1 yard around the entire Keep/Castle wall is yours to decorate. Everything else on the island is public so you don't own the island or access to the island. There are fewer of these available than regular keeps/castles. I think you need to be a royal founder to place on the water. A common cleaned map template (Elad's Lighthouse) has a Water Keep placed off it's pier in the water and the actual in scene Elad's Light House is content that is placed where normally the Castle Island pier is located. I think the size of the island castle/keep walls are the same length as the ones on the land, but I know that the Island Keep Wall one has less towers (without losing length).

There is a bug right now that if you are facing the water from the mainland (on the ground, not on the roof of a house or something) when you first join the game, both Keep&Castle appear on the water for about 3-5 seconds.

To see what is available, go here. Member Smack (using Ice Queen's template) created a thread and tool for the community (please respect the integrity of the spreadsheet): https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/r32-land-rush-status.55620/

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.