Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Dungeon room request: foyer with central stairwell

Discussion in 'Release 58 Feedback' started by redfish, Oct 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

I'm thinking based on this piece available in the add-on store,
    [​IMG]

If we could have a room like this but with a circular stairwell at the center, then we could go down to a second foyer room, and perhaps even to a third, and so on,

So we can for instance do something like the Lycaeum basement library in U6,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Or something based on a similar concept.

Of course, the devs could offer this also as a basement type, with a set number of rooms. And it would make some sense, because you would need at least three variants. One with a stairwell going down, one with a stairwell going up, and one with a stairwell going both up and down. So piecing this all together into one basement would be cool !

But it would also be cool to be able to have it as part of a building block set that you could put in the center of a dungeon, or expand in a modular fashion, including with the side rooms.

[​IMG]

Witcheypoo, Alley Oop and Jaesun like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

yes! this would also allow for connections on all four sides, since one wouldn't be being used as the entrance.

also, stepwells again.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  3. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Alley Oop

The the main problem to solve I think is in designing them so if you have a room with a stairwell it works even if you don't have any rooms above or below. I think they could do this by closing off the bottom entrance or closing off the top entrance just like they would close off side passages where there are no side rooms.

But I think it would be great if they allowed this. They could also do the same thing for mine shafts, like we have in some of the mines, where you go up and down the shaft.

As an aside...
    As long as the devs are developing this tech for dungeons, one of my requests for row homes is for them adapt based on whether there's a row home attached to them on the side. So a row home on the corner might have two entrances, one for each open corner. A row home without another home attached on the back would have a back exit. Etc.

Jaesun and Alley Oop like this.
  4. Witcheypoo

Witcheypoo Avatar

sexy as heck, one problem, the entrance areas, foyers if you will :) count for nothing. This would add massive amounts of space (probably decoration capable as well) to the instance. So, while i love the idea, each floor would HAVE to count towards your dungeon points, which makes me sad! :-( As soon as i saw what you were talking about i was envisioning a gorgeous spiral staircase going both upwards and downwards and i am SO with that vision! but yea, every floor besides the original one would have to count and that foyer is HUGEnormous! Of course, i would buy points because of it....im such an addict *cries in a corner*
    Witcheypoo

ps..yea..i bought the marble foyer :) its too gorgeous for me NOT to have!

Jaesun likes this.
  5. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

ok that is awesome. would be cool to have that or like Epitaph dungeon a core room that goes down with point spots at each level.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.