Durability

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Calan Caitin, Jul 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metalton

Metalton Avatar

Kind of liking it where it is for the moment, in light of the "leveling" system proposed for ep2.. will add an interesting new dynamic to weapon selection.. Go for the highly masterworked / enchanted low durability item that will be expensive to maintain and keep around to get it a lot of levels/bonuses.. or the less masterworked but high durability item, that will be easier/cheaper to level in the long run..

Might be a kinda balance to wands.. sure they aren't losing durability, but your also not "using" them, so won't level in the new system..

Just looking ahead a bit ;)

-Met

Nelzie and MFWalter like this.
  2. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

@Nelzie: How so? You can infinitely mine ore with little to no interruptions or chance of loss. Less RNG is less time mindlessly mining the ore. More turn around means that crafting can be a more frugal profession; especially consider everyone can do everything in the game with only one avatar.

3. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Perhaps another angle to help fix this is to increase the critical curve on weapon and armor production beyond 100. I believe 103 and then 117 are % milestones.

Another thing that might be nice is a small boost to max durability on critical repair. To give some meaning to a high level repair skill.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  4. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I ask myself if major repairs with Coto's is perceived as pay to win?

5. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Nope... Just used a COTO I didn't have to buy to perform a major repair on my bow. No RMT involved. And my bow MIGHT last another 4-10 months before I get another COTO in loot.

Even if there is RMT, there are dozens of player vendors across the face of Novia selling them (COTO's) for gold. Any player can buy one off these vendors for gold earned in a couple of hours of gameplay and do the same.

6. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Seems they increased the drop rate of Coto's.
    I never looted one in 1.5 years.

7. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Nope... 1 in 2 years... :p
    but a total of about 10 months of gameplay.... not expecting another until 2020 :D

8. Calan Caitin

Calan Caitin Avatar

You actually have to hunt to find them. I've got an oak display case full of the various forms of cotos. From the time I started playing to now, I've never sold or used any that I've gotten as loot. Probably 50-60 in there now at least.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.