Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Eagle eye providing ranged *and melee* critical damage ?

Discussion in 'Release 48 Feedback Forum' started by Hornpipe, Nov 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

The tooltip actually says that eagle eye increases both melee and ranged critical damage.

While it "kinda" makes sense to have such universal bonus when you get better sight perception, I think that's not a good idea to make this that way.

If this is intended, melee warriors will now have to train bows to get the maximum critical damage hits. Another move into the "soft caps are no longer useful", which is a concern (at least, for me, it is).

FrostII likes this.
  2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I don't think it passes over, Or I would be getting bonuses from polearms, bludgeon, bows and swords all together. It would be insane.

Rada Torment and Hornpipe like this.
  3. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

No, it shouldn't. Just above the bonus damage wording, Eagle Eye reads, "... with ranged weapons". Likewise, Bec de Faucon in pole arms reads, "... when a pole arm is equipped". If anything, they need to edit the bonus damage wording for both Bec de Faucon and Eagle Eye. Bec de Faucon should read something like, "+##% melee (pole arm) critical damage"; and Eagle Eye should read something like, "##% ranged critical damage".

Hornpipe likes this.
  4. redfish

redfish Avatar

I think its just for weapons that use that skill tree. But I wouldn't be surprised if the tooltip information was just pulling description strings off of a table.

To be honest, I think a lot of them should be more specific than this. So I think Angles for the Shield skills should read something like "+## Damage Resistance on Front Face" because a lot of people have the impression that it adds to your general Damage Resistance stat pool.

Hornpipe likes this.
  5. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

6. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

7. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Doubt it since there is a Required: Ranged that goes red if you don't have a bow equipped.

8. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Basically a weapon innate only works for that weapon. In the moment you use another weapon, you don't have any stats from ranged tree.

This game has wrong tooltips/descriptions since first day, they fixed some but still needs work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.