Elven House in a Hill Picture

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Waxillium, Apr 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arianna

Arianna Avatar

It is shown in the weekly update too, it's going to be in R17:)

Moiseyev Trueden and Gaelis like this.
  2. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

If placed on a normal lot (as in the picture) I see no resemblance to a house built into a hill (the hobbit homes in LOTR come to mind). It is just a regular house with grass and trees on top. In effect, the house itself is the hill.

For an attractive house in a hill dwelling, there need to be special lots in hilly terrain reserved just for these dwellings, similar to the waterfront lots which accomodate waterfront homes. Maybe this is planned already?

3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Wow that must have just gone up along with some hats. See what happens when you leave for the day.;)

Ice Queen likes this.
  4. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

OK, so I wanted to avoid my typical knee-jerk reaction. So I checked out the new Elven house a few times last night, slept on it. Then checked it out this morning before shopping and after. After a lot of thought here's my opinion.

I can't say I'm a big fan. Cost wise it's $75 but it looks much smaller then it's viking twin which is only $50.
    Also, design-wise it looks like someone took the viking lodge, made some minor changes to the front. Took the viking model, whacked off half of it and covered what was left in dirt and a few tree's and called it done.

Unless this has a tardis-like inside I'm really disappointed.

Suggestion: Take the house, put it in a great tree, add a front deck with stairs wrapping around the trunk to the ground. Or make a ladder from the ground that you double click and it takes you to the other end.

Or, more complicated, great tree, house with deck. Build a door into the trunk of the great tree and have steps carved in a spiral on the inside.

Ice Queen likes this.
  5. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

Actually, considering the limitations they had to work around, they did very well. What limitations you ask? Well, for one thing this is a house which has to fit on a Village Lot. Any village lot. Anywhere. Thus, they had to create something that was no larger than that footprint. How are they going to make a larger hill with that footprint? They can't.

I also expected it to be a variation of the Viking home (which I actually like). Because given the lot limitation above, the Viking house already has the framework and the Viking house almost completely fills up the lot.

I will be very interested to see what they did inside, particularly with the detailing. Interior detail could make all the difference.

As for those who do not think the house is worth $75, I sort of agree. If I were buying it stand alone, I would probably want to pay $55 for it. But that's the reason I bought the whole elven package. This house *is* worth it when it's combined with the other stuff. And I really like the looks of the Elven Armor (not the helmet, but the rest of it). My alt character Camriel is currently wearing the leggings and boots with his tunic for his "in town" outfit because it looks very, very cool. (And for those of you who are unaware, they have given some basic stats to that armor.)

FINALLY! For those of you who wish to see this house in R17, I will be placing it in Paxlair to help with their town test! So you will be able to see what it looks like inside. The ODE folks will be in some of the village lots in Paxlair which are just south of what they are calling "Forest of the Companions." (As long as there are no character eating tress inside, we'll be good!) So look for the ODE Ba-, er, Embassy in Paxlair in R17!!

Miracle Dragon, jiirc and Vaentorian like this.
  6. Lained

Lained Avatar

The thing to keep in mind about the price is that the house is not an add-on but an in-game reward to entice you to contribute to a stretch-goal, so the bulk of that money is going towards the development of the elves as a playable race.
    I think you just described the druid town home, though that does require a town lot.

Miracle Dragon and Numa like this.
  7. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Bit disappointing. I didn't pledge the full elven package because I wanted to see what this looked like first. Glad I didn't, just saved myself $50.

Ice Queen likes this.
  8. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Well except the druid tree is actually built of the tree. I'm suggesting the tree support a constructed home.

Curator Kvow [MGT] likes this.
  9. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

So... it looks like a nice nature variant of the Viking Longhouse? I like it and I'm very tempted to buy this even though I already have the lovely knight tower. What can I say? I like trees.

Does it fit on a village lot though? I just couldn't find that listed anywhere.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  10. Thorin Strongarm

Thorin Strongarm Avatar

Nit picking but house is not in a hill. Just roof covered grass. So it could be modern house using green tech

11. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

My only suggestion would be to remove the large stone fence around the outside. Replace with shrubs, bushes, whatever but make it more natural. Otherwise, it looks good.

majoria70 likes this.
  12. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Yes, it fits on a village lot.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.