Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Elysium Mines Test Run

Discussion in 'Release 49 Feedback Forum' started by Scoffer, Dec 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Last night Shimizu Kitoku, Ameresta Trilon and myself went with the intention of fully mapping out Elysium and finding an optimal, circular path through the place. After several hours and lots of curse words directed at excel we finally had a map, a route and a goal......to see how it compares to the old Elysium mines.

Today I ran a 2 hour test to gather data and came to the following conclusions:

Producer xp: I was getting an average of 11k more an hour of producer xp than I was in old elysium

Ores: an average of 19 more ore an hour than old Elysium. Please note that only copper and silver was counted in this, Tin and Tungsten are rare drops so were not counted in this calculation.

Nodes Mined: An average of 23 more nodes an hour were hit.

Adventure xp: I was actually getting around 40% of the adventure xp an hour that I was getting in the old mines. This is a good thing since it means there is more actual mining done than fighting. The downside of course is that less cash is gained (through drops, weapon sales etc) but this is made up for by the number of ores.

Its worth noting that for this I was only running the bottom part because that is where the ores live. Obviously you could do the occasional expedition to a few bits on the upper level to gain more cash / adventure xp at the expense of ore / producer xp.

@Sea-Wolf
    You did an excellent job in balancing this zone and giving us an actual mine that us crafters and gatherers can spend some time in. You were tasked with producing a mine and you have accomplished this admirably. This is not an adventure zone its a mine, which is what we asked for. The fact that you also managed to add in an adventure zone without compromising the mining is to be respected.
    I salute you sir.

2. Minerva

Minerva Avatar

Thsnk gou @Scoffer I shall journey there soon.

3. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

@Sea-Wolf
    what the OP says - Thx a lot for a MINE for silver and copper
    and the puzzle-quest (but that needs some more polish i think)

4. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

This is really a step in the right direction for the mines - a focus on mining. Thank you.

Culann likes this.
  5. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

I am curious if the source runs were solo or tandem. Old Elysium supported tandem mining and I don't think new does as well.

IMO, while this is certainly better than Verdantis due to clustering of ore. Resources are dithered. It was nice to be able to focus on a particular resource set. I haven't found the tertiary gem type here yet. Also, I guess Diamond nodes are house pets? Loss of slag swords or equivalent as scrap for ingot production is a ding as well. I give it 2 Verdantises.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  6. YZelph

YZelph Avatar

Scoffer thanks for the detailed analysis
    I agree with you it is a Very Good redesign and the resource levels are good, I will miss the gold but that just means I must vary my mining trips and see more of the Realm.
    I will also miss the Rare drops and Supply Bundles that were on the Earth Elementals and Satyr Mages, I even got a COTO once in a while.
    Also the supply of wood (Staves and Wands) and Metal (Slag swords) gave an extra bonus to crafters in the Old Elysium
    But the Look is very nice and the layout is well thought out, Mining Downstairs Brawling Upstairs.

@Sea-Wolf
    Overall Very nice Keep up the Great work!
    There are some spots where the Glyphs go dim and cannot be clicked on, even Auto-Attack seems to stop in these spots.
    This happens to the Combat and Utility Hotbars.
    Is this intentional or a Bug?

7. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.