Enchantment, anyone?

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by tekkamansoul, May 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

Oh I completely forgot about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U9z00C3EfA

at the 13:45 mark he starts talking about item enhancement.. very much like the system of enchanting i described. so it would be a crafters ability though. (and not necessarily an enchantment)..

I guess we all need to go back and watch some of these videos again so we can remember everything they've talked about.

Marvin likes this.
  2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

As much as I'd like to bump my own thread on the subject I'm going to post here since this is been more active.. anyhow I had some interesting thoughts..

Basically I was contemplating wearable enchantments. That the type of enchantment a piece or armor or clothing could take would depend mainly on the material of the item. If you wanted mages to favor cloth over heavy armors for example then perhaps only certain special clothes and leathers could take enchantments favorable to magic users. By the same token, heavy armors could only take enchantments favorable to fighters.

Another thought that occurred to me what perhaps these enchantments wouldn't buff the player so much as the item itself. Durability, resistance to something very specific.. though I would stress there by NO "universal" resistance.. light weight.. things of this nature.

3. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

When Chris was describing the combat system he said the type of armor people wear will cause things to happen. For example heavy plate armor would give you a bunch of slugs(as in dead/unuseable actions). in your "deck/rune bag" So people will want to build their strategies around knowing that. It might be only a tanky type person might wear them because they can depend on someone else to burn down the enemy, or heal them. etc.

or they might mix up a full on offense with the plate armor knowing they can absorb a lot more hits and then heal out of combat.

I like the idea of people deciding the risk/reward of using various types of armor vs saying, "no you can't use that, or that is only good if you are a fighter"

Likely most mage/archers will want to use the leather/cloth because they are ranged and don't need the protection so its better not to have those dead/no skill times.

Marvin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.