End / Remove / FIx Teleport . . .

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Weins201, Nov 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

If the developers have not yet figured out this mechanic is weak. Players just add more and more people to their friends list so they can circumvent the lack of ability to recall to more than one location. I get at least one person who just wants to add me all the time, when asked how I can help them they reply, I was just looking for more people so I can tele around . . . .

I would be so much better to just kill this idea and give us some kind of limited recall book that can store perhaps 5 - 10 locations.

The friends list is being abused so badly that you need to just bite the bullet and get over the concept of limited recalls since it has utterly failed.

Retrobot, Sentinel2, Koss and 20 others like this.
  2. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

As far as the MMO aspect of a possible Runebook goes, what if you required several people to attune a spot to a runebook? Limiting it only to towns, 3 people could get together, use their runebooks and have that location jotted down. 3-5 locations done this way doesn't seem gamebreaking and as far as exploration goes the group has to travel to the different locations anyway. When using a Teleport scroll you're given a list of the locations in your runebook to choose from, similar to the new "spawn location" feature when entering a town.

3. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Give us full recall, gating, runes and rune books! Reasonable level of skill to recall. High level of skill to gate. Or lower skilled players can use scrolls.

Good for commerce. Good for avoiding tedious travel and getting to where the action is. Good for easier access to public gatherings, guild wars, events.

Edit: Oh, also good for getting people together to do a massive group siege scene. Make the sieges bigger and requiring more cooperation.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  4. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

Kal Ort Por / Vas Rel Por for life

I actually didn't like the idea of 'rune books', but organising a bag of renameable runes was great. Granted it had more impact in a PvP world where carrying all the runes you had on your person was potentially the most valuable loot in the game - you only ever carried one rune, but any rune of your choice.

The same idea could be carried over here; the binding to a town crier thing is a very ho hum solution, teleporting to friends is worse. These were both fine interim solutions to a real one.

5. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

While I like the old Recall and Moongate isn't the Moongate considered non-cannon to the Ultima series? The Lunar Rifts are one thing, but a pocket portal seems kinda outta place. With the limited skill system back in UO Moongate casters had a place in groups, but regardless of the skill requirements every player in the game would have access to this spell. Casting recall from a scroll or using a Runebook charge didn't require Magery to cast, so someone running a Samurai build probably didn't bother with Magery... Unless they were playing with the idea of using a Staff of The Magi. (it converted Magery into a Weapon Skill with no reductions)

[​IMG]

Is your Nostalgia flaring up yet? ;)

HammerPlayer, Nikko and Gorthyn like this.
  6. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

I liked flying with a magic carpet, or the air balloon, but they won't add those for reasons...

7. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Isn't there 20 years of history behind it? After it takes in ALL aspects of Ultima * shrugs *
    Ultimately I only care that there is an option that can get me to an event fast.

Cordelayne and Budner like this.
  8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Really all I think it needs to be done for is to fix this sentiment and ends posts like the one I took this from - - -

You know, a year ago, I was incredibly reluctant to friend anyone for the sake of just having more teleport options.

Now I feel like I'm just hurting the way I play the game and want to friend people so I can use them as runes.

What have we become

Quenton, Cordelayne, Halvard and 2 others like this.
  9. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

For the 2nd time in History, me and Weins agree on something here.... something strange is going on...

Lord Ravnos, Ahuaeynjgkxs and Mykll like this.
  10. oplek

oplek Avatar

It was just the other day that I teleported to my guild town, recalled back to my hometown, teleported immediately back to the guild down, and recalled again.

Now that the scrolls are dropping like candy, there's no consequence to this.

11. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

Not having more recall options makes the game experience less fun for folk like myself who are not to much into the social aspects of the game.
    If we could have a few more runes to add to recall it would make a world of difference, I hope to see changes here.

Disgruntled and Budner like this.
  12. Curt

Curt Avatar

replace the teleport scroll with two.
    one that takes you to the world map (exit to world map)
    one that takes you to the current active lunar rift

13. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

They could change it to how it works in friends only mode. You have to group with someone before you can teleport to them. That would some what discourage using random people for teleports. That being said, I would not mind at all being able to recall to a few extra places. That and being able to go to your group members is all anyone should really need.

Budner, Vallo Frostbane and Stundorn like this.
  14. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I just deleted all "friends" because i didnt used it to teleport to them.
    My FL now has only contacts that are friends or RP Contacts.

15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I really feel that teleport should either be limited to party members or completely removed.

16. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

I do not see what the problem is with the system as it currently stands. Why does it bother anyone this much?

I do like the idea of being able to mark runes to specific locations, I carried a bag of those with me everywhere in UO, always kept it open and was ALWAYS ready to pop off that spell and rune myself out of trouble when a Red Flagged Murderer would show up.... IF, I wasn't able to rehide quickly enough, that is...

I would like to see runes or something that could be put together by anyone to teleport to a given place and even make those marked runes something that could be sold. I'd buy runes leading to specific places, since those would be and available, all the time, instead of having to rely on someone being logged in and at a specific location.

17. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

They have not added rune recalls for reasons. Reasons that no one here seems to want to acknowledge.

The version we have now was to make testing easier and should be removed

Tamsen likes this.
  18. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

I see no reason why such a thing couldn't be added to the game.

I don't mind the overland travel, but when the game goes full live, the length of time and difficult in travel to many areas is going to be a constant player gripe.

Budner likes this.
  19. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

I am for a Mark Spell, but only usable on the Overworld.
    Recall and Gate from everywhere, but with greater costs as now.

Nelzie likes this.
  20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Because it would destroy the concept of regional economies.

Womby likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.