Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Enemy mages should specialize more

Discussion in 'Release 39 Feedback Forum' started by redfish, Feb 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

It seems that most every enemy mage fights with fire. Kobold mage, skeleton mage, satyr mage, wizard. I might be mistaken, but this is usually what I come across.

It would be nice to see them specialized, and they could also be given special titles and special garbs colored according to their school of magic. For example,

Sorcerer - fire magic - enemy dressed in fire red robes - throws fire missles
    Theurge - air magic - enemy dressed in sulfur yellow robes - throws lightning
    Tempest - water magic - enemy dressed in pale blue robes - ice missles, frost
    Necromancer - death magic - enemy dressed in black robes - summons skellies, life drains
    ... etc.

This is kind of an extension of what I was thinking of when I posted this, Magic schools & their names, where I was thinking of players going out and giving themselves titles, and I was thinking about what would be cool titles; but I think it would be equally great to see specialized mobs.

You could then also have enemies take on more general titles like "Wizard" or "Druid" or the like based on them specializing in half of the magic wheel, as suggested in that thread.

You could have mages specializing in astral magic with stars on their robes, and so on...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.