Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Enter town graphics on overworld map

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by rune_74, Feb 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I was playing a little bit today and went to enter a town on the overworld map....it is serviceable with a little blue enter...but it feels very mechanical.

I was thinking, why not have a 2 or 3 inch circle pop up for areas with some nice art of the area and a small description plus the enter button....this would really add some nice flavor to it all instead of being so sterile. We need to get away from everything being mechanical in nature.

I don't think it would add much work, although there will be a lot of areas...maybe even an in game shot of a good spot in that zone?

Thoughts?

2. Dasilva

Dasilva Avatar

I would rather see some sort of mechanism to tell players if there are available lots in the town, basically make two sizes for the town graphic, small size for when there is still room in the town for someone and then once the town is full show a larger graphic to let people know, hey folks town is full look elsewhere

Tahru and Bowen Bloodgood like this.
  3. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I guess that could be there....maybe a small indication in the corner....I'm more thinking flavor.

Tahru likes this.
  4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Interesting.. another possibility might be an optional tooltip when you hover over the town that displays lot data.

SmokerKGB and Dirk Hammerstrike like this.
  5. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I was hoping this would get a lot more interest....

6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Feel my pain! ;) j/k I usually feel the same way about my ideas. Sometimes though I think it's just a matter of timing. It's not a bad idea. I've seen the same ideas get very little attention in one post and a lot more in another.

Tahru likes this.
  7. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

When the blue "enter" box first appeared (R11?), I brought up the fact that it makes you think of the enter key. The enter key is chat. Hence, interface confusion and a better solution should be developed.

I like your idea rune, I think something needs to be done too. There are so many ideas floated around though, I think most get lost.

8. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Thanks guys....I just think the current look feels so....mechanical, or just boring. What will really set this game off is a lot of flair and details, this doesn't just have to be in the environment, but also the ui.

Tahru likes this.
  9. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I'll side with a little boring. And I too thought of the Enter key and I was a bit confused at first at why it didn't work.

Tahru likes this.
  10. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I really wish I had time to sit here with photo shop and make a little graphic up of what I am meaning.

I'm thinking of a 2 to 3 inch circle with the top half a graphic of either in town in game pic or some artistic peice(for dungeons and stuff) with a brief bit of text below for flavor (The abyss lies before you oh wary traveler, enter at your own peril....or something better then that). Then a button to enter.

That's what this game is really missing.

Tahru likes this.
  11. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

If they do something like that though it would be better to do it sooner rather than later. To spread out the work into small bits rather than to have to do large chunks at once to catch up.

Tahru likes this.
  12. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I'm thinking it wouldn't even be that much work if the entrance graphic was the same except for the pic and info.....that gets into the whole UI being the same, which it isn't but thats another problem:p

Tahru likes this.
  13. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Ah I see.. for some reason I was thinking every location would have a unique pic.

Tahru likes this.
  14. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Well, yes, inside the circle....but if all that unique pic was is an in area screen shot cropped to fit, then really that would work.

Tahru likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.