EP2 Stretch Goal Dissapointments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boris Mondragon, Jul 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

This might not be accurate. Most ships stay on a level plane and will move in a cardinal direction. Horses, or any mount in general, can traverse terrain up/down (hills, road, etc.). And while ships would have to stop when hitting some mass (much as a horse shouldn't go over mountains we can't walk over), they generally stay on a level plane.

Ronni and Boris Mondragon like this.
  2. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

This would be palatable. Our original goal was "x", but we only got "y", and so we just need "z" as a new stretch goal to meet it.

3. Vox Aquila

Vox Aquila Avatar

Wanting to place more city size boats in a POT is something I am still waiting for. It's all very well having the duke and LOTM Island lots, but one city size water lot in a POT is not enough.

I heard ages ago we would be able to place markers on the docks, and yes city size water lots (more than one) on the island would help. Have there been any updates on this in the last year :(

@DarkStarr

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

That's exactly what they did.

Jaesun and Kabalyero Kidd like this.
  5. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I cannot imagine they can create a good Shipbattle content.
    I played Naval Action and i play Sea of Thieves.
    The measures to have fun Shipcombat are very high. I imagine more of a static scene where 2 Ship lay side by side and you can enter esch other, ergo normal pvp in a scene with 2 static boats.

@Paladin Michael Well said.
    I dont meant it insulting when i talked about it. I pointed also on myself , i dont write exactly what i sometimes want to write here, because i know it will be deleted.
    Whatever. ..
    Of course they will listen now and announce more or other things, regarding community reactions. But is this the right way. I think not.
    They need to hear the voices.
    Many here think why Horses?
    Ok i understand horses are cool for RP and immersion.
    But gamemechanically they make less sense.
    Will there be breeding?
    What we need more is fixing bugs.
    I would pay $5 if my questjournal is fixed and i can use sparkles to find some quests that aren't broken!
    I would subscribe or buy stuff or even pledge for ep2 if i know i can contribute to such cool Pvp Events @Boris Mondragon describes above.
    But unfortunately time is rare to me and i havent even made it to any speciality skill.
    My passives are all in the 50ies.
    To get them up, to level i have only one chance and thats grind these xp / hr places.
    But exactly this is boring and exhausting to me, although i like the Combat. But to run in circles for hours to get a drop of water for an ocean sorry mx Pool of xp to spent it's just not rewarding and it's endless.
    And the diminishing returns arent there. It matters a lot if your skill is 100 or 140.

Whatever. ..

Lets hope things went well for SotA .
    To me it doesnt look good if im honest.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    Vaiden Luro, matsutaki, Ronni and 2 others like this.
  6. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

yes it was answered by Laz in the first page... hehehehe :D

Barugon likes this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's just unfortunate that the stretch goals didn't make much the first time around.

Kabalyero Kidd likes this.
  8. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Sure, but what to expect?
    I dont think they will be able to fund it.
    And if not i'm curious of their plans.
    In fact i would like the Ep2 funding fails and they need to come up with new plans and another idea to :
    1st fix all issues of the actual game
    2nd get more players through advertising the 150% polished game
    3rd when done announce Ep2 and try to fund it.
    Actually it seems to me they need the money not only to develop Ep2, but also to fix and maintain the actual Version.

Vaiden Luro, Witcheypoo and Ronni like this.
  9. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

question guys, do they have a deadline for the stretch goal? it just shows the amount but not the date or number of days left...

Vaiden Luro and Witcheypoo like this.
  10. dayero

dayero Avatar

QFT!
    Also, can we have that post stickied? Preferably somewhere in Ports office.

Vaiden Luro and Stundorn like this.
  11. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

The current re-launch of the stretch goals concept featuring the Mount baffles, confuses and irritates. It does not provide one positive emotion to me.

I enjoy and spend quite a bit on SOTA, I now subscribe, plus I always try to pick up an item on the monthly sales and a few COTOS to fix gear, but I am totally baffled by this first goal and the offer model.
    In many ways this offer has to work to (re)prove the concept, excite players and reassure players that if they invest it will be worthwhile. I think this will do none of those things and probably the total opposite.

Currently the stretch target 'thermometer'is barely moving, why? I think it's fairly obvious: -
    • People don't need speed mounts, other than as cosmetics and for role play. A potion of wolf speed is just as good or better, and a great many folks teleport, so why pick Mounts as the first proof of concept? Why not select something useful?....for example, flexible lot placement which most people owning a house and a lot would consider buying?
    • The target cost is insane and appears unreachable. I certainly won't be investing right now with the funding bar stuck and creeping at $32k when the target to get what you are paying for is $250k, its madness.
    • The offer structure is disingenuous to purchasers... So, if Port don't hit the $250k target, there's no direct* risk to Port, understandable, but you get a graphic of a baby horse as Deco for $20! What?! (notice I say disingenuous not dishonest, as it is clear).
    *No direct* risk to Portalarium - oh yes there is, its huge. This entire new wave of funding towards episode 2 could collapse before its even started because we never get off the ground for the first stretch goal, others have to be loaded in parallel, people loose faith, lose interest and get suspicious of deliverables, and simply do not invest.

What kind of discussions occurred to decide to select this stretch goal as the vanguard of the new wave of funding? The first of a new round of goals should be highly desirable, exciting, inspiring and above all a dead cert for successful funding to prove the concept. Where is the market research? player awareness? game knowledge? that fed into this decision where they concluded that a pet foal for $20 with 'maybe' a mount later on, (which we don't need, and only if $250,000 dollars is achieved), made them think players would be excited and inspired to reach into their pockets?.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    Vaiden Luro, Womby, Vyrin and 12 others like this.
  12. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Don't think I have anything to add to what people have said about their disappointment with this other than for me it's yet another baffling decision by Port. I just don't know why they keep doing this.

13. Terrence Phillip

Terrence Phillip Avatar

I ll also add my voice to this as I agree with most of the posts here.

Boris Mondragon and Stundorn like this.
  14. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Didnt they start off at that ammount?

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  15. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

From memory I think 1 or 2k may have been added on top of the starting sum

16. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

The first day i seen it up it was up like a 5th of the way already.

The first time they did stretch gaols, they said if any were completely met they would hire a team specifically to work only on the met goal, but none of them were met.

So they started this goal this time with an ammount, and not from 0?

17. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Yea they arent making you start over.

Its a continuation of the first one, except now the goal is to get it in by episode 2 instead of episode 1. Just saw the article

18. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

The stretch goal store says:
    --------------------------------
    Players will be able to ride horses around the game (including horses tamed in the game)! NOTES: There will be some kind of summon mount emote / key. When mount appears you automatically vault into the saddle. Cannot fight while mounted. If you are hit / enter combat while on horseback you are knocked from your horse. Mounts cannot be ridden indoors or underground.

Personally, I have to kinda agree with @Steevodeevo , this isn't terribly enticing to me. I want to know more.
    How will this work? Horses can be tamed? Does that mean to use a mount I'll have to constantly be swapping my necklace on and off? How fast is this mount? We recently saw all of the player speed modifiers reduced (twice, actually, first the concurrency of buffs and then a flat reduction to them in combat) for technical reasons - server didnt know where player was etc. - so how will a mount speed avoid this problem? How useful will a mount be to run across a zone when one hit puts you into combat and knocks you off? Essentially - I'd just want to know more information about how this is planned to work. Mounts are a dubious thing - if 'summoning' the mount is a 5-second whistle and getting on a horse animation with another long animation to get off of it, and only offers say, a 10% speed bonus ...then in most scenarios it isn't useful. But if its instant and gives you a 100% speed bonus, then it becomes quite useful indeed. Will it require an equipment slot is a significant question. I don't know, maybe none of this is planned yet.

Of course, I've bought a baby horse anyway, because its cute. But I think if we want to raise $250k we could really do with additional explanation on how the system's intended to work, how it will be implemented, and how players will benefit from it.

Also, we need ride-able panthers.
    :)

19. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Quote of the day!

p.s. If they promised 'mounts' that were donkeys, or donkey carts that you could, I don't know, somehow use to transport wares, raw materials, do scheduled transfers of crafting items between bank a and bank b, or ...at least something more than a graphical option to deliver a small speed buff.

20. Bigg

Bigg Avatar

Some thoughts should never be mentioned on forums where they do wild shifts to game mechanics every month ;p I kid I kid ...kinda... sorta

Inb4 R56 walking speed fix/correction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.