Episode 1 after release 16?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Musaab Osman, Feb 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Musaab Osman

Musaab Osman Avatar

Wherever I look on the net (such as the wiki), it says that after release 16, Episode 1 will be released. Basically meaning the game is released.

Doesn't it seem like that is impossible? There will still be many missing features and what not. Don't they need, and shouldn't they take, much more time?

I'd prefer them to take their time.

2. Womby

Womby Avatar

Relax. It will be released when it is both feature complete (Alpha) and content complete (Beta). It isn't even feature complete at this stage, which puts it firmly in pre-Alpha. You are not going to see episode 1 before the end of the year at the earliest.

3. Musaab Osman

Musaab Osman Avatar

I'm relaxed. Was just wondering since it didn't really seem realistic.

4. gtesser

gtesser Avatar

Musaab Osman likes this.
  5. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

There is no way... I just replayed R14 again for nostaligia only, and dude:

1.) Creature detection physics are nil. With agro either on or off, kobolds didn't respond at all when I was obviously within their los, even when I walked right up to them and then ran away.
    2.) The "jump" sound effect sounds like I'm getting a stick jammed up my butt.
    3.) Conversation with NPC's is also nil. I spent 20 minutes talking to the guard at Ferig's Battle Camp and got the same responses over and over again. Infinite regression.
    4.) Owl's head moongate took me to a different place than what I clicked on, but it changed after the load started.
    5.) Load times.
    6.) Most creatures do 0 damage to me wearing plate armor. I realize augmented plate is great, but that's just weird. And unexciting.
    7.) The ones that actually do damage are so overpowered that it's just also weird.
    8.) A kobold mage cast a fireball on me while I was running away and it just disappeared into my back. When I turned around they were all running back to the original spot they were at before. WTF?
    9.) The crown I was wearing has better damage reduction and armor class than a fully enclosed knight's helmet.
    10.) The overland map perspective is WACK. My avatar is taller than most trees, 1/4 tall as the biggest ones, runs over hills like they are little piles of sand, and I was able to look over the obsidian castle walls. Should be a strictly overhead perspective like RTS games, with "fog of war".
    11.) *BONUS ROUND* Finally...... Kobold and Ferig battle camps look exactly the same, just with different monsters walking around (facepalm).

Cheers!

6. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

Should I repost that in the special dev+ forums?

7. smack

smack Avatar

Musaab Osman and steanne like this.
  8. Valandur

Valandur Avatar

One thing I've noticed is you can use the guards at Ferig's battle camp to help fight kobalds making it pretty easy to get exp as well as looting fallen soldiers and kobalds and selling the war hammers to the quartermaster. Also, the mage will chase you back to the camp eventually attracting the guards notice. The guards help you kill the mage allowing you to loot and sell their staff and wand over and over. The kobalds warriors don't usually follow you to the camp, but will follow you enough to agro the guards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.