Episode 2 – Player Built Dungeons: What we know and additional thoughts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oakenhammer, Jul 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oakenhammer

Oakenhammer Avatar

Added some new information updates to the OP from the last Livestream.

When it comes to these dungeons, the key is risk vs. reward as @DarkStarr and @Chris will remind us. I am hoping that our dungeons can have an equivalent ratio of risk vs. reward as compared to other dungeons in the game so that our content is competitive and relevant. My aspiration is that we'll ultimately be able to contribute content that is indistinguishable from dev created dungeons and loaded with quest potential.

To that end and given that our dungeons will be composed of individual pieces, my hope is that the risk vs. reward for each component piece will be considered. The premiere example in my mind--and a key component of what I want to build with my "dungeon"--is that of rooms with ore nodes as found within mines like Level 1 of the Etceter Crag Mines (image below for reference). In the context of our player dungeons, think about those rooms. Often the entrance to the room is sealed with a breakable wall and contained within it are a number of enemies guarding the ore nodes. The enemies are the risk and the ore (plus the loot drop) is the reward. These rooms are already a self contained and balanced unit from a game design and economic perspective, so they'd make perfect addition to the options for our dungeons.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.