Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Exp and feedback a day long study / explanation / D A T A

Discussion in 'Release 36 Feedback Forum' started by Weins201, Nov 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I am going to putz around for a while today and gather some raw data to show what is actually going on with Exp / Training. I am expecting to show players and the development team what a lopsided scale you are working with. ((( I am not going to power game it )))

I will set a few skills to train - maintain a bunch - record #/type kills - die to activate decay before the start - be in PvP/MP - play around in Tier 4 - 5 areas.

I will produce Videos and raw data to show starting points and end results.

I hope I am wrong but I expect to not even gain over 100 k exp in my pool (not even close), and will most likely not even come close to raising the skills being trained more than 5 points.

If I am wrong you will all see.

Starting out -

Now I also have just died to eat up Decay and am starting at 71,969 Exp in pool - heading inot to a Tier 5 - - - - - - -

BTW 5 Innates and ONE skill set to gain

Ok this is going to end really fast I have killed 3 Lr Artic Wolves and doing what I showed I am at 71,791 so going to shut off 3 of the innates and carry on from there. Leaving me only training 1 Skill and 2 Innates.

Ok Ending up with Obsidian Arrow 20.25, Bulwark Earth at 58.6 , Chain Lightning almost 20, and Rapid Discharge almost 24, the only three skill set to training and killing Lg Polar Bears, while Playing the game and gaining pooled exp :) So I could prob turn on one more innate to just maintain but lets gain and see how we do over time. Look at this fight and the end results.

Ok I am trying to just get what a Lg Artic wolf give for exp and have turned everything to maintain or less and it is still eating exp so something has changed somewhere.
    Ok going to go back to training those 4 skills I killed 4 Lg Artic Wolves and each one had a differnet exp gain - 906 - 1812

I will update this post as time goes on work in progress I will reply when it is all over.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  2. Insinious FizzleThorpe

Insinious FizzleThorpe Avatar

Also take your test to a heavy populated MP scene, and then a single FO/Solo (same Scene) you will notice the 25% is less than when killing more mobs (due to less people) in the same scene offline.

Oba Evesor and Fister Magee like this.
  3. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

What about starting off with no skills turned on and just build your xp pool up to 100k then turn on 1 skill and see what happens?

Retro and Fister Magee like this.
  4. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

I am going to train skills up to my Adventure Level and then set to maintain and see how it goes.

5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

You have to be in MP to get the 25% bonus it has nothing to do with what zone you are in but TY

Point is population has nothing to do with it it is simply multi player or not and if you looked I said I would be in MP.

6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I have done that TY again but not the point of what I am going to show you - if you want to show how much exp you can gain with all skill locked go for it it is easy, and worthless to show balance or not.

7. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

I think he was suggesting you get another data point, that the XP gain from SPO would more than offset the XP gain in MP with the PVP bonus, because of more access to mobs/resources.

8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

You do understand that the Mobs / resources nodes do not change between SPO and Multi, just do not have to compete for them - but again since as I said I a NOT going to power game it just raw numbers of what is killed the math will be easy to show.

9. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

I do. But in MPO often many of those resources / mobs have already been harvested / killed. I agree with the original guy that the additional data point would be meaningful but hey I'm not the one doing the work. Your efforts are greatly appreciated btw. Your documentation on mats properties in the player created resources section is probably one of my most visited threads!

10. Insinious FizzleThorpe

Insinious FizzleThorpe Avatar

I understand that completely, But since you are on a chart your xp kick. I want you to get all the facts. Meaning since you are taking the time to do this, I want you to do a complete and through job. So re read my probably unclear post and do this. Fight for 1 hour in MP flagged in deep ravenswood. Log your xp.. Fight for 1 hour who cares how ( since 25% is MP only) in SOLO deep ravenswood and log your xp. Without any of your ITUS or speculations .. post the results. I've already done the test, and you will be surprised that you STILL gain more xp/hr in solo then you do in MP even with the 25%...

11. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Ok so I am gonna ask why - it is already know that if you kill 25 Kwilbertis for 100o exp each while Flagged PvP and in Multi Player - then if I go into to SPO or unflag then each Kwilbertis will only be worth 750? I do not need to to any testing this is already confirmed so not gonna waste any time on it. Again I am not power gaming this I am not any / hour stuff it is simple numbers kill 100 wolves. I know full well if I go in to an area where there is no competition and all I do I wade thre and kill kill kill I can do more per hour. Please post your results and make you own thread no need o tell me to repeat something you already have completed.

But anyhow got a bug with targeting I have to work on now so after killing - - -

16 Lg Artic Wolves
    6 Polar Bears
    3 Kobold Mages
    3 Kobold Archers

Dying once when 4 respawned on top of me - I am looting it all so not going fast, As I said I am not power gaming it but as of now I have -
    93,450 exp in my pool and am back to
    training the Obsidian Arrow 20.25 (now 22.1), Bulwark Earth at 58.6 (now 59.4), Chain Lightning almost 20 (now 20.5), and Rapid Discharge almost 24 now 25),

12. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I am actually pretty happy :D (and kind of surprised) so far with how it went It was not a crazy gain, and skills are going up but only 4 and really only when used. But in general not to bad:)

21K in exp - Ob Arrow ^ 1.8 - Bulwark ^ .8 - Chain Light ^ .6 - Rapid Discharge ^ 1.1 levels and if you wonder about the .# it is just an estimate of the green bar.

Not to bad, but again I am NOT power gaming it just playing soo ;)

13. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I just read all this and I'm confused as to what you are doing? What are you trying to show exactly?
    Also, you probably left something to train because I've yet to see any mob give a different amount of experience. Each kill of a particular mob is always the exact same amount of experience.

MrBlight likes this.
  14. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

feedback - is it working? is it not? your cal - l do you think that training 2 skills and 2 innates and still going up in exp pool in a tier 2 killing higher level mobs but slowly - with skills at those levels??

I am gonna turn on a innate in the 60 and see if it still goes up.

Feedback to see if things look like one would expect.

Not power gaming.

Not gaming the system.

Just out playing the game.

15. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Ok back at it Turned on One More Skill the Innate Ranged of Draw Strength - it is at 67.75 and as a result of that on skill turned to Train I can no longer increase my Exp Pool with a Lg Artic Wolf, and the Lg Polar Bear is a increase ont time and a Loss the next. Do not tell me about it all went to training, it is not lost, I know how it works all I am referring to is end exp poll after the fight.

In then end the turning on of one Innate has caused my pool to start to decline. Yes I know I am training skills so the points are being used - not the point.

2 skills and 3 innates are now to much to maintain a exp pool.

I am going to try diff creatures :)

BBL

16. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Ok here is a simple fight against a Bear Patriarch

Now you can see I have done pretty well I started the day with 72K exp worked it up to 93K exp while training 4 skills.
    I then turned on a 5th skill, an innate in the 60s and immediately started using up more of the pool than I was adding to it. So I moved to a place that the fight takes a little more with a little more gain. So I am now down to only 84K and have to fight Bear Patriarchs to maintain the pool level.

True the fight could be faster, I could put on better armor and weapons but I am playing in PvP and Multi Player to get the 25% bonus. Again - I am P l a y i n g the game not power gaming it. I am killing with the skills I have, not gaming the system with Lightning and AOEs. I am looting my kills for the resources . . . . As a result I can maintain a pool and do OK.

The problem is I am in PvP and Multi. Now true I could be in single player and better gear and the end state would probably be the exact same since I give up 25% exp to do it. (((If you want to play with those numbers go for it do not bother me with it))) 25% of the 20K I gained earlier is only 5 k exp and that is really only 2 - 3 Bear Patriarchs (only the true exp with all skills off).

As it stands now I still think I should be gaining the pool a little more than just maintaining with only 5 skills set to train and only one of those is above 60.

I do not agree with the fact that there are player who already have many GMs and that is a problem. Not really for me but for the game (do not agree, that is your choice, voice it) When you try and add new players and try and tell them in order to achieve what some players accomplished in 2 months you are going to have to play 5+ hours a day 4 days a week to even come close to GMing 1 skill. But you will prob never achieve more than 4 GMs.

Now again it is also true that a GM in a skill is not needed after all I am in a Tier 5 area trudging along. But it is a skill point players relate to.

Again this is Feedback and information, use it as you will or not.

It is just raw data, from a player, not power gamer.

In hind sight I also want to train taming and as it stands now it will take about 2.5 million exp to get to 100 in taming with some strong support skills, and another 2 million to get to 120 which is ATM the Red Ferocious Spider. In order to do this I am forced, yes forced to lock every skill and just gain exp - then spend those points on taming?????

There is a L O N G way to go on balancing these and sadly those who already have will keep and those who don't will suffer and grind thru it.

17. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Yeah, what's the problem with that? If you want to be able to tame the strongest possible creature currently in the game, shouldn't it be very difficult and force you to concentrate on that one skill?

Cause your complaining that it was too easy at the beginning and you want everything to be insanely hard to level, but you also want to be able to train the strongest creature in the game without concentrating on that skill? Trying to wrap my this around this cause it seems like you're going in two oposite directions on the issue.

Fister Magee and Bow Vale like this.
  18. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Just did the taming push from 1 to 119. your numbers r quite off on that fyi.
    And actually if you kill add ons, and attempt to tame each creature once or twice before rinse and repeat, you can break even or gain exp while taming. if you sit there and spam.. then no you will eat your pool. just like healing.. or buffs.

Cant watch vids or really examine rest of post yet.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
    Bow Vale and Adam Crow like this.
  19. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Taming is not the issue here but I will tell you this the site say this - - - 1.2 million for each and every Taming Skill to go to 100 - now here is a fact - my taming was started when I achieved a pool of just over 1 million and I have 88 In taming and 92 in Combat here are the rest - - -
    [​IMG]
    Her is the link to the spreadsheet used to tell me how much it is "supposed" to take - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...lHowOzRbsnpkkAha2_-7kOFLYQ/edit#gid=380629855

Now all I am telling you is that the 1.2 mill number is wrong for skills in this area, it might be right to true taming but not the rest.

My post is not about taming it is about exp point how they are gained and as clearly stated just for information - I am not telling you how to do anything or explain anything, just show information. I have voiced my opinions as to why I feel there is imbalance.

If you want to post corrected substantiated information please do, do not hijack my thread to spread speculation or whatever agenda you hope to pass.

20. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Go train at Serpents Spine and Twins Foothills. Great loot and XP gains.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.