Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Exp and feedback a day long study / explanation / D A T A

Discussion in 'Release 36 Feedback Forum' started by Weins201, Nov 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Og got caught up in other issues but I am going to give all thos who want to know aobut the diff while not PvP - -

Here is goes - I am unflagged - remember I am using a bunch of equipment that should allow me to kill Mobs a little faster and am hoping that the exp pool goes up a little at worst stays level.

((this is not trying to tell you how to do anything just throw some numbers you was - that is all ))

Again I have been out a while screwing around trying to catch a targeting but and such and have died so starting exp will be diff .

2. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Lol

Wrote a detailed explination of the variables your not including, and / or neglecting, and why this isnt accurate feedback and the stuff your need to include to make it semi accurate for what your trying to show,
    but it got deleted, and im not going to re write it.

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

This is just Data , not a debate on how to do it or which way is better do with the infor what you want - but I do not need to be told how / why - you want to present your own information please do - On your own threads.

Anyhow as show before I went Non - PvP and suited up to hopefully kill fast.

Just actually started up a little bit ago with a pool starting at - 57,805 and ended up with 75980.

I am in Sanctus Spine and have only killed 15 Lg Wolves, 8 Polar Bears, Kobolds; 1 mage, 3 archers and a fighter.

The 4 skills I had set to train wnet up pretty well - Obs Arrow 25.9 - 27.9 ^ 2 levels, Bulwark 62.3-65.7^3.4, Chain light 25.5-27.6^2.1,Rapod Fire 27.9-29.5^1.6

Here are two video on is a simple kill of a bear the other a more complex fight thought just looked good.

After dinner I will turn on the ranged spell like I did the other day and continue to record -

Again I am still pretty surprised how well it is actually looking for some balance:rolleyes:

4. aseltine

aseltine Avatar

I see what you are trying but I understand the frustration of the others posting. The size of your XP pool will change the XP used while skilling up. The level of your skills training will change the XP used while skilling up. It is almost impossible for anyone to replicate your experiment because to do so would require them to have a similar pool level and only level skills that are at the same skill levels as you. Even being one level off creates a 10% discrepancy.

zyxe likes this.
  5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

So here is more - again this is NOT to try and tell anyhow how to do anything it is just information.

It is already proven that a larger pool allows you to train a skill faster.

There are way to power game just about everything in the game and can lop side it completely.

I am not power gaming I am just playing and was getting information as to how affective the 25% bonus is for being flagged and in Multi Player . . Conclusion at the bottom Here is the closing videos and numbers

Now in the end - -

the 25% bonus for being in PvP and in MP is there it is not huge to a normal player but it is still visible.

The problem arises with the power gamers out there who will game any and all systems out there to the largest advantage they can, this just give them another very affective tool to do so.

Since there is a difference - and yes it does FAVOR flagged PvP and in MP - (you have to consider this I was playing in PvP gear (plain gear I could have stood to lose) when I was flagged). When I redid it without flag I was in some of my best gear. What does that mean - it means I can kill them a little faster and use less skills so should have balanced out the 25% but it did not.

There are a bunch who are going to pile on and tell me I could have done this and that to show a balance in the other direction - but again I am just P L A Y I N G the game I was not out to power game anything. I was not trying to game the system to do anything I had 4 skills set to raise in both tests roughly the same pool size, died a few times , killed same critters and same number of critters . . . . Everything was pretty balance except for the 25% bonus.

I know what to do and how to sway the numbers to do what I want, it is not hard. Again not what I just showed you all.

The point is it should be hard and not something as simple as flagging PvP and jumping in MP to get a boost.

6. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

The obvious problem with the pvp-flag bonus is that the only people who benefit from that bonus are the people who can survive in PvP, due to high level and skills, and good gear.
    Another advantage given to the hard-core player. No mid-level character is going to flag up and go fighting as usual because guess what? Someone will come gank them and they've not got a chance. They'll lose more time messing about rezzing and going back to what they were doing or finding somewhere else to go than the bonus is worth. But someone with 900 HP can solo grind to their heart's content without really having to worry about getting jumped.

Forcing people who aren't interested in PvP into flagging for PvP to try and 'keep up' with the xp gain rate isn't going to make PvP better. Its just going to irritate the people who aren't into PvP and in the short term, give more 'victims' to the people who can't seem to have fun without ruining someone else's. There are already forced multiplayer pvp zones, and opt-in pvp-anywhere mechanics for those who are interested. I just don't see that this was necessary.

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

While not exactly true, since you can be in a lot of these zones and not have to deal with a single sole, you concept is exactly why I feel it is a problem'

There are people here who are going to argue need to be in a crowded place but nit the case.

And as I have been touting over and over this leads to the "Rich getting Richer" concept

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.