Expand General Forums?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by redfish, Apr 28, 2014.

?

Should the General Forums be expanded?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

The Dev+ section has three forums under Game Features that aren't found here: Items and Economy; Graphics, Maps and UI Elements; and Groups, Guilds and Multiplayer. There have been a lot of discussions on the map lately, so I thought it might be time to expand the General Forums.

I've also been thinking, I've had a lot of posts that would come under a possible category "World Building", but I couldn't figure out what forum to put these under, so I've always put it under "Quests and Lore." Most recently, a thread I started about suggestions for scene types (environments, biomes, etc), a thread about living statues (monster type suggestion), and earlier threads about books and libraries. There have also been threads there about things like currency, banking and so on. I don't know about others, but there's a little bit of ambiguity there.

Should the General Forums be expanded?

docdoom77, Time Lord, Aldo and 3 others like this.
  2. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Absolutely. As the SotA community grows, so should it's primary communication tool.

3. Margard

Margard Avatar

Good idea

Time Lord likes this.
  4. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Organization allows people to find the topics they want to follow and end up better informed. Not everyone has the time to read the forums daily.

docdoom77 and Time Lord like this.
  5. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I've always found it a bit odd that the public forum didn't have the same set up as the dev+ and several times I've wanted to post something specific in the public space only to find no where appropriate. Having to place posts like that under "General" or "wish list" is kind of annoying to be me personally as it gives you a feeling that your post is going to be buried within the day. No one is looking for specific topics in those areas.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. selbie

selbie Avatar

The Game Features forum could do with a little tweaking to suit that need.
    What has puzzled me from the start is why there is a Town Square heading, when its three subforums should all be on the main forum page in the first place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.