Expectations for R100

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FBohler, Mar 28, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Not sure why it was such a big deal in the first place. Release 120 seems like an actual milestone to me, since it will mark 10 straight years of monthly releases. Not that I expect anything big for 120 either, just wasnt sure why 100 was important. 8.3 year celebration? Because it's a 3 digit number?

I was pretty happy with the release overall. They introduced a new scene and it was suppose to just be a bug/polish release.

2. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

I wasn't surprised considering they never really did anything for the game's anniversaries except put things on sale. I had hoped for something more substantial but given the past record I wasn't surprised nothing really materialized.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  3. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

I am not sure if this was intended, but I interpreted the commemorative painting like this:
    For R100, the game finally reached GrandMaster (GM) level, so they issued everyone a "SOTA GM badge" (the commemorative painting) to hang on their wall.
    The skill GM badge looks like a little shield and "hangs" on your skill glyph .
    The "SOTA GM Badge" is a shield and it hangs on the wall.
    Yeh, it is rather underwhelming, but I don't get my hopes up for numerical milestones (official persistence date, release 100, etc).
    I am more interested in substantial game-play milestones (sailing, mounted combat, UI improvements, etc.)...and hope they sprinkle these into SOTA at least a few times a year.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
  4. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Chris said on stream that he was planning something nice for R100, that's why people were expecting something nice... some folks even asked for 4x XP :D

Violet Ronso and Adam Crow like this.
  5. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

6. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    Just wanted to mention there was a post asking for ideas for R100 special items.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.