Farming diary, day 1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ConjurerDragon, Feb 21, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

My alt character Herbert Taraxacum is supposed to care for a small herbalists garden for my 1st character Henry Fletcher and later my 3rd character who is still in planning.

I had 2 planting pots in the reward menu and put them on the floor of my lot. Simple.
    I had around 30 buckets of water - because I ´m prepared and that is simple.

Then I wondered what to do next....

First I used a bucket of water from the inventory taking an unexpected but refreshing shower that told me it had to go differently.

Second I moved the bucket to my utility bar - which certainly makes a difference. Once clicked the 2nd shower of the day washed away all doubt that that was not entirely correct.

Third I used the seeds from the inventory - and ate them. o.k. seeds can be eaten like I´m a bird. That won´t happen to me again!

Fourth I moved the seeds icon to my utility bar and clicked it. Well, I guess those seeds will sprout in my belly...

Fifth I moved the watering skill to my utility bar and clicked it - now the planting pot - and everything around has been thoroughly watered.

Sixth I finally stopped for a while and read up about agriculture...
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Z-svq1OvcZwViqGxFCKdjH3NCn2LTfLuGny5qaAqjTM/pub#h.o1h393b37abq

Oh - you click the soil on the planting box and THEN select what to do... I´ll try that tomorrow...

FrostII, Vaentorian and Tirrag like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Did you also train agriculture? Your plants will grow faster in a green house. You can also plant, harvest, and water in bulk by dragging those icons on the skill tree to your bar except the seed which would need to be dragged to your non-combat bar. That's inconsistent. I know you are maybe just trying out the system ATM but bulk planting was such a great addition to the game I just wanted to mention it. Check out Baldriths lot. He does tons of planting. He's even making a spread sheet on it.

Edited

Last edited: Feb 27, 2023
    FrostII likes this.
  3. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

This is more of a bath and seed eating diary...

FrostII, Xee and ConjurerDragon like this.
  4. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

I suppose that greenhorne farmers are among the cleanliest people with the healthiest diet in Novia... :D

FrostII and FBohler like this.
  5. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

There is an in-game book you can purchase from various cooking and book merchants, the Helpful Guide to Agriculture or something like that. It might be on crafting supplies merchants as well. It should be on any merchant that sells seeds, at least.

FrostII likes this.
  6. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

MikaOba likes this.
  7. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Are those numbers realtime hours or Novia hours (8 minutes)?

8. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

For the schedule calculator, those are realtime hours.

ConjurerDragon likes this.
  9. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

So, Day 2

My herbalist and two empty pots...
    So, if I have the cursor in the middle it´s light green and does nothing - yet when it´s a bit further from the middle it becomes green and displays unused soil... Strange, but o.k. double-click unused soil and the pot turns into a crafting table. Must be made by Harry Potter.

Water and Seed action on the left and it´s planted. And it sprouts. It LIVES. Muhahahaha... Perhaps I should consider to later find out how Frankenstein created his monster...

I always thoutht that people smoke pot - but no, in Novia the pots smoke when pressing CTRL-W to show which still are in need of water - and so the 2nd watering occurs, without having wet myself like on day even once, I might add.

Now I had got myself a planting bed that before being planted with plants would be in need of being planted between the plants into the ground. So Inventory, move with mouse.... And the planting bed is invisible. Sure the cursor either shows that I can deploy it or not when crossed through - but are all planting areas there? Is the planting bed in a straight line? Is it as close to the lot border as possible to preven waste of space? After having planted it, the only thing I see is single square planting areas in bright green, but no outline of the whole planting bed. Normal?

10. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

each plant uses up a square area of the bed. so its limited to X by X rows. planter pots are 1 plant each. plant based on skills and how you water = more return on harvest.

11. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

When I made a new character and was going to do some farming, I was freaking out about the agriculture target being so small. I had forgotten that I was on a new character and didn't have any farming skills raised yet!

Lained likes this.
  12. Birko

Birko Avatar

Conjurer Dragon,

Welcome ancient one.
    You are on page 123 of the Domesday Book of Dragons.
    May I be your friend? To pick your mind.
    Birko.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.