1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Feature: Plant Growth Timer Display

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Jakkal, Jun 18, 2023.

1. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

When hovering over a growing plant in a planter, can you please add the time remaining to the next watering phase.

For example when hovering over a pumpkin in a planter underground it would say something like...

Growing Plant (Pumpkin Plant)
    Growth Rate x0.1
    Needs Watering
    1 hour 23 minutes remaining

maldoke, Winfield, Galorn and 4 others like this.
  2. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

3. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Yes this would be very helpful

Whilst I am sure most of us use something like the sotalore site to track things (personally I have an excel based workbook that tracks the multiple sites that I use) it would be useful to have visibility of this in game

Winfield and Anpu like this.
  4. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

Sure that site can be helpful if you manually record every farms plant times, but it'd be a massive assist if it showed you the times automatically when hovering mouse over the plant/planter. Many games do show countdown timers on things like this as a player quality of life improvement.

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Not an in-game thing but it will give you a desktop reminder to water your plants.
    https://github.com/Barugon/cota

6. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

No offense. But plenty of people won't install github files. So not really a valid solution.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

That's fine but you do know that most of the software you use on a daily basis include open source components that are hosted on github, right?

FrostII and Anpu like this.
  8. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

True, but not really relevant - the request is for an easy, in-game option to tell you what the watering state of plants is, whether an outside entity makes something that can sort of do this but requires external software doesn't matter, the question is should this be an in-game thing or not, and I certainly think it should be. Let's not let the discussion wander off topic.

Sentinel2 and Scanphor like this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I was just offering a solution that exists right now. Take it or leave it, makes no difference to me.

10. maldoke

maldoke Avatar

up!

this is something simple and very useful, we should already have it!

Barugon likes this.