Feedback & Directive report for Testing Directive! Phase1 recovery from R106 outage

Discussion in 'Player Test Environment (QA Server) Feedback' started by Bluefire, Oct 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

Thanks for the gift items. Mega XP, lots of gold, and tons of cotos?{normal QA server stuff}

First, just wow! Thanks also for keeping us in the loop and being awesome like always!

Now on to first noticed minor issues:
    1) Tanda is showing helm and shroud which were hidden.
    2) In my small bag I have a piece of paper called <Content not found>. Pretty sure this was a list I wrote out a few days prior to the down time -just the order to push the statues in the Oracle Collosus area.
    3) Apparently I had exactly 10K gold when I last logged out? While I'm pretty sure I was around 10K gold, I doubt it was exactly 10K. But with 500K more gold, I could careless.

Things that worked.
    Summoned pet, good. Checked other pets- good!
    Mount is all good.
    Decks looked great and were right where I left 'em!
    Skills look right about where I left 'em!
    House & containers in house had access perms as before!
    Vendor has all items waiting to be sold.
    Rewards list looks correct & includes the additional cotos. Thanks!

"Major issues" as in not easily overcome, not game stoppers.
    1) My journal ends at 8/24/2022 8:38:39pm. Although I have my shroud it looks like I am also on a quest reset with where I was at on that approximate time in my journey. Time to investigate the night of the fire again. Doh! - submitted bug but it went on live bugs.
    2) Don't have my custom key settings. I forgot if this is something stored client-side.
    3) Was there a title that came with finishing the shroud of the avatar quests?

Testing Directives:
    All lots are present for me and have their house & items (only have one).
    Property manager confirms
    Doors worked fine. Recently left items from a friend are there. Was able to sit at my piano and play music.
    Moved items between inventory and chest.
    Will kill some stuff & forage tomorrow to see how that goes.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
    Vaiden Luro and Royou like this.
  2. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

I hate to give you bad news but all the gold, cotos and xp you got are just what we get every time we log in on QA to test. You can use it all you want on QA but it will not be transferred to live. I'm sure the devs will come up with something nice as a we are sorry/ thank you for understanding but it won't be quite as generous as 100K cotos each.

Thank you for helping to test though! And thanks to the devs for all their hard work!

Vaiden Luro, FrostII and Bluefire like this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that's a DAILY reward on the qa server, all the time. go test stuff! (only not right now)

this is a seperate client with its own store for local settings.

on qa, use /devbug
    i'll move it

no

FrostII, Anpu and Bluefire like this.
  4. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

Appreciate all the info.

I figured those amazing rewards would lead to some unwanted inflation. ;0)

/devbug, got it!

I didn't think so regarding the title, but couldn't remember even though it was only just over a week ago.

FrostII likes this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The Two houses I own in 2 other different POT's were just fine. I reported the current discrepancies in my POT.

6. Feetenya

Feetenya Avatar

wow way to mess with my head i was like no way i goto get this damn trailer moved and the qa servers come up and awesome rewards, i was like double fml ive been bein majorly patient and the i saw that post ty for the following posts after that cause i rofl at my own stupidity...just tired the trailer beat the crap outta glad im relaxing...now hurry and bring the servers back online im turning into gollum over here

im downloading the QA client now so i can be apart of something other than smashing my head into a wall lol im jk ty for the hard work everyone gonna go do stupid stuff and try and fins bugs to squash

majoria70 and FrostII like this.
  7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Additional test for Stewards/Governors:
    * Place a lot marker
    Then have someone claim the lot

Place Row, Village, Town lot markers. Second account claimed all lots. Working fine.

* Remove a lot marker
    Then replace that marker again

Evict Tennent from Row, Village, Town homes. Remove lot markers. Place Row, Village, Town lot markers in new locations. Worked fine.
    With second account able to claim all Row, Village, Town lots jus fine.

8. Freyr Grimr

Freyr Grimr Avatar

* Please check to make sure all your lots are present in the game - Seem to all be present
    Includes Basements and Dungeons - Basement was there as well in the only home I placed one in
    * Check Property Manager to ensure that the lots match what is actually present in game - Lots match
    * Put lots in Property Manager and restore them - Done several times
    * Un-claim lots, and claim lots - Done
    * place deco on newly created lots - Done
    * Sanity checks:
    Kill some stuff - Done - I'm still badass as hell
    Forage resources - got me some cotton!
    Move things in inventory to chest and vice versa - Done
    Create a Party - No friends =(
    Are interactive items working? (Chairs, doors, etc) - Tried multiple chairs, instruments, doors

9. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

I have only been able to connect for 5 minutes but so far I have seen that two of my houses and the house of a resident have disappeared, and all the plantations of another of my plots have also disappeared, leaving the planters as "unused land".
    I haven't had time to check if the deeds of my plots were in the bank or if the basements and dungeons were in place, I hope to check it during the weekend and also be able to do the test indicated by Ravalox.

10. Omnedon

Omnedon Avatar

OK, I was at work all night. I need the Dev team to put the QA server back up so I can see what damage has been done to my b-e-a-utiful homes....

11. Toular

Toular Avatar

The only thing I found "wrong" on my two lots was a corner fence piece that I'm going to guess was hanging just a tiny bit outside the property line. It got moved into my bank. Was able to re-place it back in the same spot it was before; or at least visually it's back in the same place. It was probably 0.001au outside the line. It certainly did not *look* outside before the patch.

Also, checked two basements and a dungeon. Nothing looked different or missing.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
  12. Freyr Grimr

Freyr Grimr Avatar

These are personal settings stored in the client. Even if you just reinstalled Shroud it would erase them. Depending on how the fix is applied, if it is just an update, in the main client you may not have to input these settings again.

13. Novia Property

Novia Property Avatar

Greetings
    Check all my lots and deco. These have been in place for many months so I did not expect any problems. No problems found, even tested my Devotionals and they were good also.

Alley Oop likes this.
  14. Fuzzy Lark

Fuzzy Lark Avatar

I have several problems.
    1. House I claimed in Umbra Regnum is now unclaimed and house and contents are gone and not in my inventory, bank, or Property Manager. I had moved several chest with lots of deco to finish setting up the house and they are gone also. Other deco Isabel setup out side of my lot was there including the Sign Post that allowed transport to Lookout Mountain. Other lots that were setup many months ago were all good.

15. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings
    Checked all my lots and the only thing was a Rusty corner piece of fence was sent to bank because of being outside of boundary. All other lots and everything in POT were ok.

16. athlaka

athlaka Avatar

I had 2 Ivy Covered Fence pieces that were sent to bank due to being outside the boundary. All other lots and deco that was placed some time ago was good.

17. Strider99

Strider99 Bug Hunter

Logged in and All Good so far on QA logon.
    Tested sterward level Tile placemnt, move, lot claim and unclaim.
    Property manager, dungeons, basements working as expected.
    All lots present with dungeouns and basements
    moved stuff in out of bank, chests inventory, etc.

No deco issues other thatn those expected with the orphaned item change.

Thanks for all the hard work guys! from my perspective its working perfectly.

18. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

Earlier today I used the property manager to pack up my house and then redeployed it on same lot (did not zone/change scenes). It is still here post this evening's reboot. DB from 8/25/2022

19. simon1974

simon1974 Bug Hunter

just logged in and my exp looks to be the same as august 24. they did say they would add the exp from the last month, so i would be missing a month worth of exp in my pool

20. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    Have done another test on the new/earlier build. Placed village and town markers. Claimed lots and changed houses. then unclaimed lots and reclaimed. All workd but seem to be slow. Maybe we lost some of the FPS that we gained since September, or it could just be my computer. One problem I did notice was with a video problem in my POT "Port Royal". the lot with a burned out building on a village lot had some video problems depending on the distance and angle you viewed it at. checked on the ground next to it and while slewed. Distance was important in both instances.

Edit: I am running a 2019 MacBook Pro i7 with 16/512 and an Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536MB and -forced -glcore. OS is Catalina 10.15.7

Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.