Feedback for Testing Directive: Gold Restoration

Discussion in 'Player Test Environment (QA Server) Feedback' started by Traveller13, Oct 19, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I spent a lot of gold in R105. I started at 685K, and went down 80K. I ended the release on 26 September with 85K. All from screenshots. I log in today and have 667K. Accounting for the 500K for log in, I have just under twice the total gold I ended the month with, and well over the 5K I gained over the release. I spent almost all the release hunting red spiders in Deep Ravenswood. So, I'd be happy with this gold restoration.

2. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

I ended R105 with about the same amount of gold I started it with but that is because I had spent the gold I earned on cotos from player vendors. I guestimate that during the release I probably looted close to a million gold from mobs and almost that amount of gold worth of weapons and such. After accounting for the free QA gold I see at most 150K of gold added in (and might be much less than that if I compare to current live amount instead of the rollback amount I think should have been on QA). So I"m pretty sure instead of adding back all the gold looted each day this was instead calculated by comparing the gold or account value on the final day of r105 to the first day and my zero value cotos don't count cause they are zero value.

Was hoping for more but figured this was one of the two likely ways it would be done. All in all there is really no good and fair to everyone way to refund gold value lost so thanks to the devs for at least trying something so at least some people are getting reimbursed.

edit: Coswald says he thinks the QA data was refreshed for this change so if I compare to live now I actually have less money than on live (but that is all presumably because of gold I looted today). So no gold for me which reinforced the idea that this was based on comparing data from two dates.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
  3. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

If the base gold data was pulled from recent days, then the 167K I have on QA would be close to what I have on live, matching the 5K or so gain over the course of R105.

4. Aleksander

Aleksander Avatar

I have received the incredible restoration amount of... ZERO :D I had calculated about 1.6M gold earned during the month split into loot, direct trades and vendor sales and didn't expect it to all come back... but zero is not something i'd settle with, if only for the burned time spent acquiring the stuff i sold and all the mobs killed for the gold loot that went lost.

This is my live balance today
    [​IMG]

And this is my QA balance
    [​IMG]

Ignore the 1k-ish difference. I looted something after the QA snapshot was taken.

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Um, the difference between those two is nearly five hundred thousand gold.

6. Aleksander

Aleksander Avatar

That's the QA 500k gold bonus... remove it and you get negative 1k-ish which is what I earned after the snapshot

Anpu, Gwendolyn Obscuro and Barugon like this.
  7. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

Each day you log into QA you are awarded 500K gold. Aleksander was taking that into account when he said he got 0 gold restored.

edit: and he beat my reply by about a second lol

Anpu, Aleksander and Barugon like this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Lol, forgot about that.

Anpu likes this.
  9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I physically have a screenshot from August 24, 2022. At the time all I was doing was running around all the Housing Decorations Merchants and verifying what they have for sale on the wiki. I also had nothing sell that day at all (I checked discarded mail).

The total I had at the time was 5,380,321. On qa I have 5,600,233 - 500,000 = 5,100,233.

Im seeing a variance of -280,088.

Aleksander likes this.
  10. Jack SinAssist

Jack SinAssist Avatar

Based on this - I also LOST money from what I have on live vs qa. This data is fubar!

11. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

Yeah I logged into QA and seems I'm down 1,000 gold when I did a lot of mining etc.

12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I checked on qa and I'm up a little as far as I can tell. Hopefully this helps. Maybe we use the in-game feedback for players to tell but I understand not everyone goes into qa to check but we could try telling them to in the live game. All we can do is try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.