Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Feedback from a new player

Discussion in 'Release 17 Feedback' started by KikkiJikki, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Avatar

Hi all,

I started playing just before the end of R16. So some of my comments may be based on ignorance. Have so far made it to L12 adventurer, L4 Crafter. Now realising that the starting area is not really level appropriate so will head off to Hidden Vale when next online.

Have been developing the Death Mage tree (damage and heal at same time is very powerful) plus a little bit of one hand blade since we start with all those skills. Keeping armour to a minimum until I get fizzle chance down.

I'm finding tagging is a problem. Given my light armour I can't deal with more than one mob at a time. Was expecting death ray to do the job of pulling a mob but it just doesn't have any real range. So I guess I need to pack a bow or a wand for this role? But then I have the issue of quick weapon swaps. I understand you can do a deck swap to automatically change associated equipment but that has a focus cost. I would like to be able to quickly switch to a range weapon, do a default attack (so no glyphs required) and then switch back to my blade and shield. Right now it seems like I need to bring up the inventory and screw around equipping and re-equipping. Could we have an alt weapon similar to the alt deck option? How do other people deal with this situation.

I like the combat deck concept. Similar to MTGO or Wiz101. Real time makes it challenging and I am still becoming familiar with glyph appearance, and tricks like stacking. But I think it's a really nice innovation.

Equipment decay I am not opposed to in principle but right now it's a bit over the top, especially given the cost of repair kits (that don't even do full repair). I've been dying quite a bit and that is costing me. I think decay should be from being hit on an armour part or from use not from dying and the numbers will need to be looked at. Yes I understand the game is unbalanced right now. Am trying to avoid stealing gear from shops given the link to virtues.

I like the magic system but the various schools seem a bit shallow. Have been playing with summon undead. I don't think that the pet loss of health over time is good, especially given cost to cast (reagents). I appreciate there is an innate skill to slow down health loss but I think it would be better if pet health were only lost through damage and that there was instead a skill to boost pet health.

In the UI, I keep on trying to pin the Chat window open so I can see damage etc during combat. For example if I stack two glyphs what is the impact on damage. But pinning doesn't seem to stick, chat window disappears, then I have to hit Enter bring it up, keyboard focus in in the chat window and my attempts to use combat glyphs instead type numbers in chat. So if pinning worked, that would be good thanks.

From what I've tried of crafting I like the basic design. Am really looking forward to the other aspects being developed. Finding recipes by experimentation is a bit frustrating but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I have oodles of rabbit meat that I haven't worked out how to cook.

I know the is world map outside of the game but if there was one in game I could purchase and use like the town maps that would be very handy for me since I am geographically challenged. Another option would be a world map UI that only shows the areas you have been in sight of.

Regards,
    KikkiJikki

Quenton, Mata and Moonshadow like this.
  2. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Try combining death magic with fire magic which has a longer range. The fire arrow spell doesn't require reagents and can be combined with Death Ray to create Fiery Decay which has a long range.

Edit: a staff has a long range, too, but a wand doesn't.

KikkiJikki and Mata like this.
  3. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome KikkiJikki!

Sir Stile Teckel likes this.
  4. stile

stile Avatar

We bid ye welcome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.