Feedback on QA 1563 Treasure Maps!

Discussion in 'Player Test Environment (QA Server) Feedback' started by Gwendolyn Obscuro, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

Yay treasure maps! Very nice implementation!

So far I have done the initial quest and I have also found the treasures using decrepit treasure maps 1, 2 and 3. For the third one Bella was in party when I dug it up and the loot rolled properly. A single mob appeared when I dug up #1 (see spoiler below) and several mobs spawned at treasure #2. No mobs appeared when we dug up #3, I assume that is because the location spawns mobs to begin with so we had to clear them before digging up the treasure but if others were supposed to spawn maybe they don't if you are in party?

Only once when I tried digging was I in the wrong spot and had to move over and start digging somewhere else. So I think there is a nice size area you are allowed to dig (unlike the vikland ones where you need to click a very small spot). However Bella was having trouble digging up the initial quest chest so there might be an issue there, maybe if someone else has done the quest recently? Hopefully she will post her experience here but I was in a private instance and not in a party when I did the quest and I didn't have any issues.

The single mob at the first treasure I dug up was a blue poison dart frog! Yay! I tamed him and was able to summon him and fight with him. I did expect the blue one to have a higher summon level than the red poison dart frog we already have but he does have a slightly higher health level

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Woohoo! Super excited for treasure maps.

FrostII, Sean Silverfoot and Rinaldi like this.
  3. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Ok. Here we go. The only thing i didnt do was talk to the Junior Treasure Hunters. But Selleck talked to me and gave me his quest to find a trinket. Found the outhouse and looked around. Dug all around the dang thing and cannot get it to spawn. I have done this in both party mode and open. So not sure what the deal is with it. I have talked to him a second time and as far as he knows i am on the quest still. I get the marker on the map and compass that i am in the spot. Also i have a message that comes up i am in the right area...there is also when mousing over the area says ....'loose ground'. I have tried on and all around that spot.

Even logged out of game totatlly and back in.

4. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Nice work on the treasure maps.
    Here are a few comments:
    1) After digging, a message pops up that says something like "you hit something but now you are not alone". and when you kill all the waves of treasure guards, the chest just pops out of the ground. I would prefer if this mechanic worked like this: After digging the first time, a message pops up stating "your shovel hit something unusual. You'll have to dig more, but first you must kill the nearby creatures that guard this area." After you kill all the treasure guards, then another message appears that states "Now that the nearby creatures are gone, you can continue digging". Then go and dig another time, which reveals the chest (and this triggers the timer).
    2) After the chest appears, the timer states " Time before reset XX:XX". A player less familiar with the game may think this means that for some reason SOTA will reset (such as for a patch) or that the zone will reset. I think it would be more clear to have the timer show "Treasure chest resets in XX:XX"

Last edited: Oct 4, 2023
    FrostII and DavidDC like this.
  5. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

I'm not sure if thats in yet.. I'll have to ask Sannyo about it. Completly forgot about that part with the outhouse lol

FrostII and Rinaldi like this.
  6. Gwendolyn Obscuro

It is in, I completed the quest successfully. But for some reason it is not working for Bella. She is able to find the other chests though.

7. DavidDC

Ya we just went to test it Sannyo might have found some fix! Should be in next patch

8. Gwendolyn Obscuro

I got a recipe for stone balustrade (straight) from one of the chests and Bella got a recipe for a corner piece I think. Excited to have new recipes! It would be good if they could be made just a bit more squishy though, there are obvious seams when you put two together.

FrostII, Rinaldi and Belladonna Rose like this.
  9. Belladonna Rose

All in all though having a blast you Devious Devs. hehe...still not figuring out the bloodstained thing for hints/clues. But we will or i will hunt someone down. Muahahaha

10. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

One other note: when i put the dig emote in the emote bar, it is virtually impossible to see the shovel in the emote icon.
    Can the shovel be made more prominent, so we can easily see that this icon represents "dig"

[​IMG]

11. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I found a bug with the outhouse spot. If you dig up the chest once, you can't dig it up again. Maybe you dug it up and didn't realize it, and are now blocked? At any rate, I fixed the bug I described so hopefully that also fixes your issue, too. The fix is that you can dig up the chest an unlimited number of times until you turn in the trinket to Selleck.

12. Belladonna Rose

Yeah i have gone back several times so until there is a patch on QA for it i cant get past it. So i just been doing the other maps..that i can figure out. Still trying to figure out the blood stained ones. hehe

FrostII likes this.
  13. Morkin

Morkin Bug Hunter

To use the lemon, you need alchemy skill. I had skill 1 and get crazy with the lemon. Maybe a little clue from the treasurehunter would be nice.
    All in all, treasurehunting is a big fun and I hope it will be on life server soon.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2023
    Sean Silverfoot, FrostII and DavidDC like this.
  14. Belladonna Rose

Selleck does mention in his conversation if you mention pieces of a map to him about using the alchemy station. So that is one hint on it

Sean Silverfoot and FrostII like this.
  15. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Couple of issues with Selleck's conversation:
    1. Ask me, but I won't answer
    2. Foo you! (typo)

The treasure map "window" has some odd prioirty issues. If i click the treasure map, the map comes to the front (displays on top of other windows), but the control buttons in the upper-right of the treasure map (the X to shut the map, and the circling-arrows) always behave as if they are behind other windows (e.g. when you click the X, the window behind comes to the front, instead of closing the treasure map that is already in front). In order to close the map or look at the other side of the map, you must drag the map window to a place where the X and circling arrows are not overlaying any other windows, and then you can click them.

Are the messages on bloodstained maps supposed to be revealed in the same way that the messages are revealed on the decrepit maps? If so, it does not seem to work.
    If not, then hopefully there is a hint or a recipe somewhere.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2023
    FrostII likes this.
  16. DavidDC

Yeah thats my bad i forgot to add the recipe for the pvp map! But they are in now should be in next patch!
    I'll check out for the X button i remember seeing this behavior.

Sean Silverfoot and FrostII like this.
  17. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Is the "time before reset" message and the "timed event" message supposed to be movable? Right now, they are movable...I accidentally moved them behind another window, and thought they had disappeared.
    (note: they are movable regardless of whether "lock status movement" is selected or unselected).

Also, I have some suggestions for the "Reveal Hidden message" recipe:
    1. Change the naming scheme of these recipes to "Reveal Hidden Message on Map" - this title allows the user to search for the recipe by filtering for the word "map", which is a likely term that will be used to search for these recipes.
    2. Change the category of the recipes to "Alchemy - Miscellaneous"--- currently, these "reveal hidden message" recipes are classified as "Alchemy - Unclassified". There is no "Unclassified" category listed in the recipe book table-of-contents nor on the crafting table drop-down menu (see pics below). So, it makes more sense to categorize these recipes as "Alchemy - Miscellaneous" because the miscellaneous category already exists and can be selected on the table-of-contents and on the drop down menu.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2023
    FrostII likes this.
  18. DavidDC

Yep its supposed to be movable anytime!
    Ill check for the classification, i didn't want it to be in there at all since its the same recipe for everything and it ended up being one for each of them. Need to check what i can do with this!

19. Belladonna Rose

Not right now but soonish. It would be nice to take the 'dug up' maps and be able to frame them up . Or at least have them some how to be used as deco. Framed would be cool since we can use the same things we need for the other framed maps. But some way to incorp them into deco once its been dug up.
    Also Since we can get said maps at the ready. Gonna really have to explain and i mean EXPLAIN how folks get the maps. You know how folks are about reading instructions. They fly off and do do do and dont read instructions. LOL

Tirrag, Sean Silverfoot and FrostII like this.
  20. Belladonna Rose

Well since this last patch i went back to Sellck and got that quest completed. Yay. I then preceeded to do the maps that i had again. Only problem i have on the bloodstained maps is that i got the message the map was removed from inventory...fought the wave battle and went back to finish digging. I got the event timere thing but could no longer dig for the chest to get it to pop up. Not sure if it was me or that is the chance you take of taking too long to get back to it. Constantly had the timer going. This one is in Libris . So it might be buggy ..who knows. Never could get the chest to spawn.
    On another note. Although if you have multiple maps and go dig them up the loot is not random. Not sure if that is suppose to be that way or not. Some cool loot so far.

Tirrag, Sannio and FrostII like this.