Feedback on Testing Mounts, Emotes and such

Discussion in 'Player Test Environment (QA Server) Feedback' started by Belladonna Rose, Nov 7, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Tested the mounts and there is still an issue in QA with mounting when the item is locked in inventory. Once unlocked it works as usual when in the bar.

Emotes Enhancement: This is cool feature and will be nice when the tool bar is implemented. Just hope there is an easy way of navigating all the emotes wanting to be used. Not sure how they will work that one out.

Garbage Cans: Got the can and placed it in my pot. OMG its awesome. So will be nice to have a trash can for things you dont want to add into the loot pool. Will be helpful on lots as well for those who want to do the same thing. Great idea.

Couldnt not test the wax cylinder transfer

Logout Feedback only showing for newer players is good idea and nice to not have to see that every time i log out.

Player Dungeon: I noticed and issue and told Ravalox. Moving and removing deco while in Adventure mode is an issues. Went down there to test something else and noticed i could pick up decorations. You can move them around easy enough but if you pick it up you cannot place it back unless in Deco mode. Big issue that needs to be checked into and fixed.

Lich Spawner Statue: Tried to test it but with it being turned off no point. Besides it hasnt been working correctly for a while. At least not in specific rooms. Also noticed that in the minecart dungeon you can place that statue anywhere except in hallways.

Ravalox, FrostII, DavidDC and 2 others like this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Is it craftable? Do you have a screenshot?

FrostII and majoria70 like this.
  3. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Feedback on garbage can.
    1) I like the ability to drag items onto the trash can, but I could not select multiple individual items and drag them from my inventory to the trash, i had to do it one item at a time (a stack of items can be deleted, but I cannot trash several individual items, such as 5 swords).
    2) Dragging an item onto the trash can gives a "fail surface type invalid" message on the screen. Can this message be disabled for items dragged onto the trash can?
    3) It would be nice if clicking on the garbage can opened a window, and then we could drag items into the window (ideally with the ability to drag multiple items). The window could have a button "empty trash" or "incinerate garbage" that would then destroy everything in the window (also, "are you sure you want to do this?" prompt could also be implemented).
    4) The Garbage can is not scale-able.
    5) Are there going to be other graphics for the trash can, like the metal can shown below?

My Garbage can was placed on a lot (not placed as POT owner or steward).

Feedback on Emotes
    1) I like the emote icons, and they work as intended when placed on non-combat bar.
    2) When we get the emote bar, will we have the ability to do the following: a) sequence several emotes, b) have a function to repeat the sequence of emotes indefinitely, c) randomly shuffle the sequence of emotes?

Also, I was kinda hoping Oscar would pop his head outa the can
    [​IMG]
    Don't know if its craft-able, devs just placed them in a chest for us to grab and test out
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
    FrostII, majoria70 and Barugon like this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Thanks @Rinaldi

FrostII and majoria70 like this.
  5. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

Mounts- as Belladonna mentioned above mounts don't work when locked to inventory. I didn't see a way to remove the mount from inventory while mounted (lots of can't do that while mounted messages) but when I dragged it from inventory as if I was going to be able to place it yes I was dismounted and the bar showed that I had zero of that mount.

Emotes- Tried several emotes on my non combat bar and all of them worked. The space on my bar is too valuable so at most one or two would be placed there and only for parties or something. Very much looking forward to the emote bar! If I pass someone they are always gone by the time I type in !wave or pull out my emote window! I do hope there is a keybind to show/hide the emote bar when we get it though since it would probably be in the way for combat.

Garbage Can- I'm one of those avatars that hoard everything and have no use for a trash can, but good for people who do! Discarded a bunch of different items. Seemed to work well from my inventory or the bank. Did not work when I tried to trash items that are currently placed on my lot- gave me an error saying you can't delete a single item from a stack even though they were not stacked items. And when I tried to trash items that were in a container on my lot the item did delete but gave me a chat error:
    [​IMG]

Wax Cylinders- My irish wax cylinders that used to be no trade can now be placed in my wax cylinder bag, thank you!

Logout Feedback- The change probably makes sense since I'm not sure people were clear that they could just ignore it and quit. But I could also see it being useful for there to be a way to give feedback from in game instead of having to go to the forums, maybe could be an option somewhere in the menus? not sure what is best there

Player Dungeon Deco- I placed each of the 6 spawned rooms listed in the announcement and tried to place 23 items that I am able to place in the foyer. I was not able to place any of the items in the rooms (once I realized that I was actually testing with a non spawn version for one room I thought was still bugged lol)

Lich Spawners- As expected this item does not spawn a lich currently though I can still place it in my house and basement and dungeon foyer. I am assuming that the exploit here is using the lich to kill other mobs though I thought that had been fixed previously by making it not attack other dungeon mobs. There should not be a problem with people using deco to keep the liches themselves in place or help to kill them as the spawned liches do not give any xp or loot (as intended and I don't think that should be changed).

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

those messages are only available to players on qa anyway

Lord Stein and Rinaldi like this.
  7. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

@Rinaldi

1) I like the ability to drag items onto the trash can, but I could not select multiple individual items and drag them from my inventory to the trash, i had to do it one item at a time (a stack of items can be deleted, but I cannot trash several individual items, such as 5 swords).

This is intended to be this way

2) Dragging an item onto the trash can gives a "fail surface type invalid" message on the screen. Can this message be disabled for items dragged onto the trash can?

This happen in deco mode only when a trash can is placed on your own lot because you are moving item that could be decoration

3) It would be nice if clicking on the garbage can opened a window, and then we could drag items into the window (ideally with the ability to drag multiple items). The window could have a button "empty trash" or "incinerate garbage" that would then destroy everything in the window (also, "are you sure you want to do this?" prompt could also be implemented).

Not anytime soon the goal was to make it as an easy destroy any item that can't be destroyed from inventory. That's why only 1 item can be draggued at a time so people can also see the name of the item in the confirmation box. If there were multiple item that would be would problematic to list everything and make sure player know what hes doing.

4) The Garbage can is not scale-able.

I can make it scaleable.

5) Are there going to be other graphics for the trash can, like the metal can shown below?

Probably in the futur but not any planned for now.

8. DavidDC

@Gwendolyn Obscuro

Mounts- as Belladonna mentioned above mounts don't work when locked to inventory. I didn't see a way to remove the mount from inventory while mounted (lots of can't do that while mounted messages) but when I dragged it from inventory as if I was going to be able to place it yes I was dismounted and the bar showed that I had zero of that mount.

This is because the mount is now considered as an ingredient like black pearl or mandrake root. Locking a reg would prevent you from using it, same thing for mount. This is to fix other bugs where player could mount without having the item in their inventory.

Emotes- Tried several emotes on my non combat bar and all of them worked. The space on my bar is too valuable so at most one or two would be placed there and only for parties or something. Very much looking forward to the emote bar! If I pass someone they are always gone by the time I type in !wave or pull out my emote window! I do hope there is a keybind to show/hide the emote bar when we get it though since it would probably be in the way for combat.

Emote bar will be vertical on the side with a key bind you can set yourself and some more options.

Garbage Can- I'm one of those avatars that hoard everything and have no use for a trash can, but good for people who do! Discarded a bunch of different items. Seemed to work well from my inventory or the bank. Did not work when I tried to trash items that are currently placed on my lot- gave me an error saying you can't delete a single item from a stack even though they were not stacked items. And when I tried to trash items that were in a container on my lot the item did delete but gave me a chat error:
    [​IMG]

That's not normal, will check that!

9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Ok, just so we are all on the same page and know exactly what to expect: The next release will make the mount a reagent like item, to address several bugs. However with this change, mounts cannot be locked in inventory. Is this correct?

10. DavidDC

Yeah. locking it would make it unusable just like a reagent
    Ill try to look at this a bit later thought i might be able to bypass it (or not)

Rinaldi, Anpu and FrostII like this.
  11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It would be pretty cool if mounts could be used as small tabletop statues (e.g. drag it from your inventory and place it as a decoration).

Anpu likes this.
  12. DavidDC

@Gwendolyn Obscuro i can't repro that error message you have.. Also i tried to move single items from the container on my lot to the trash and only stacked item were showing that message. Some didnt have the (quantity) at the end but its just because the window was not fully open and i couldnt see the end of the name which could make it think like there is only 1 of it

I wonder if that error message showed cause you deleted item that was not placed by you? (In that case, they are probably back in the chest?)

Rinaldi and FrostII like this.
  13. Gwendolyn Obscuro

I'll log in and see if it gives me the errors again and see if I can get any more details. I'm sure the stuff it was refusing to delete that was placed in my lot wasn't stacks though- one was a jack o lantern and one was an odd container (floatsum), both placed by me. Though if you are required to have something in your inventory to trash it thats not a big deal either

14. Gwendolyn Obscuro

@DavidDC I tested again an am still seeing the errors. The red chat message errors seem to be not just anything in a container on my lot but anything from a container nested in another container placed on my lot. The original items were ones that had been in the bag within a quiver for quite a while, but I just replicated it by putting a backpack of fish into a dead body that I had lying on the ground and the newly moved items also gave the 'not found' error. In all of the cases with that error the item does get deleted though.

I am still also unable to delete any items that are just placed in my house. (dragging an item directly from the floor and dropping it on the garbage can, I should have tested with the deco pallette but I didn't and now I logged out again) I tried with a dead body container, a flotsom, a skeleton, a jack o lantern, a rose bouquet and probably more. (this is all lying around on the floor of my closet house, its messy). It always gives me the message asking if I want to delete them but then gives me an error saying I can't delete stacked items. In these cases the items do not get deleted, unlike the error above. All of these items were placed by me and I am owner of the house.

Most of my testing was done on my row lot in Bastion's Point. I also did a quick test on my keep lot in Northwood in case the trouble was all the junk crowding my living room :). I am leaving my character in my row lot standing next to a garbage can so feel free to log into my account if you want to see if you get the errors that way.

15. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

That would be totally awesome. Please wishlist that.

16. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

OK now that we wont be able to lock the horse/mounts to inventory we need to have some way that we dont accidentally sell it. yeah i could easily go tame another horse...but not the store bought one i currently use. So yeah i will be changing mounts out now due to this change

17. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

those SHOULDN'T show as available to sell in the merchant window. will check.

edit: ravalox just put in a fix for this. no crown/stretchgoal mounts should be sellable to npcs in the next qa build.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
    Lord Stein likes this.
  18. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Some emote icon feedback:
    1. For many of the emote icons, it is difficult to determine which emote the icon is depicting - mainly because the avatar graphic is too small. Almost one-third of the icon is utilized for the curtains, which means the avatar has to be shrunk smaller, making it harder to discern. Shrinking (or eliminating) the curtains will allow for a larger (and more discernible) avatar on the icon.
    2. In many cases the view of the avatar on the icon is zoomed-out too far, which makes it difficult (if not impossible) to discern the emote. I think it would be better to "zoom-in" on the most crucial body part of the emote (when possible). This would allow the user to easily discern which emote an icon represents by visual inspection alone. As it stands now, I cannot identify many of the emotes without doing a mouse-hover over the icon to get the text hint. Here are some examples for which zooming in would be ideal:
      • The "eyeroll" icon can be zoomed-in to show just the eyes looking upward.
      • The "nose pick" icon can be zoomed-in to show only face, with a finger in the nose.
      • The "smile" emote can be zoomed-in to show only the mouth (or face).
    3. Also, many of the icons look nearly the same (see pic below for example), making it difficult to distinguish what the icon represents. I think zooming-in on the most applicable action or body part will help differentiate the emotes. Why not zoom-in on the lips (& the saliva projectile) for the spit emote?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
    Lord Stein and Anpu like this.
  19. DavidDC

I would say by design, very hard to make 278 icons that is a "human action". The main goal here is just to differentiate the icons that the user like to use. You wont have em all in the bar, the chance you have spit and yes emote in same bar is pretty low, and even there, im 100% certain you will remember after using it once or twice if its the top or the bottom one just by looking at it. They are tiny, but thats how all our icons is. Also the reason for adding colored curtain to help diferentiate them even more.

20. DavidDC

The error will be gone in live as alley oop said. I got suggested to use this function but wasnt aware there was bug behind it. Its not a blocking error so should be fine for now, and it just appear on QA you wont see it in live.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.