Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Feedback on the "Silent Movement" skill -

Discussion in 'Release 36 Feedback Forum' started by One Zero, Dec 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. One Zero

One Zero Avatar

Within the Subterfuge tree there is a skill known as "Silent Movement". It puts you in stealth and you go invisible for a period of time. However, any time you open a door, open a gate, climb a ladder or open a chest you go out of stealth and become visible again. This should not be happening. The only things which should make you visible again are engaging in combat or if another player uses a skill to reveal you.

The other problem is that when running through an adventure scene invisible with Silent Movement the mobs still aggro you. Why? They should not be able to see an avatar who is invisible.

And please don't tell me "working as intended'. This is simply not proper stealth mechanics.

Cordelayne, Montaigne, Numa and 2 others like this.
  2. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

The skill is clearly broken, I have been raising mine for a while now also. But they have also said this and have said that they need to fix.

I agree with you on the doors and such but the skill should also slow the players movement down.

3. One Zero

One Zero Avatar

Additionally, even the smallest damage from falling breaks you out of stealth mode. I am finding just falling down 2 or 3 steps on a stairway or off a tiny rock causing 1 point of damage breaks the stealth. This should be adjusted as well. Perhaps a minimum of 100 points in fall damage?

uhop likes this.
  4. Net

Net Avatar

I think even 0 damage falls break it... I think it should be similar to fizzle, low damage should have extremely low chance of breaking stealth... but there is more to it that needs fix. I cannot target stealthed people even if I see them.

uhop likes this.
  5. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

If you take a look on your skill you will see something like "53% stealth" which means, you are not yet invisible, so other players as well as npc can still target you.

6. Numa

Numa Avatar

The crazy thing is that stealth used to work properly in earlier releases. It slowed you down but the only thing that would break it was combat. And unlike the equivalent moon magic spell, recasting silent movement didn't break stealth either.

Sheamus McGuinness likes this.
  7. redfish

redfish Avatar

I'm not sure there should be a hard rule that opening a door or a chest should never break you out of stealth. What if a door is squeaky? I think it makes more sense that these things give a chance to break you out of stealth, and the higher level you are the more you can do them successfully without being noticed. Doing activities while under stealth should be a test of your stealth skill.

You're drawing attention to yourself.

In my view, "falling" in the game really needs to be polished and given animations. So when you fall and take a lot of damage, you get knocked down. If you fall and resist all damage due to Safe Fall, you tumble on the ground for a bit and then get back up. If you fall and resist some damage, but still take substantial damage, you should tumble, then be knocked down.

Right now when you fall, you always land on your feet... what are we cats? :D

But even tumbling to avoid damage (Safe Fall) would draw attention. Maybe if you were really skilled at subterfuge, you could avoid this.

Numa likes this.
  8. redfish

redfish Avatar

Oh yes, by knockdown, I mean I think it should be a real knockdown debuff that stuns you, if you've taken enough damage.

uhop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.