1. We have a QA initiative where we work with the community more closely than ever to get your bug reports into the hands of the developers. Please use this forum for LIVE Server bug reporting. Do follow the format below, because it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, it's possible your bug report will be misinterpreted, or worse, lost!

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Disable all Lua Add-Ons by using '/lua unload' in local chat or temporarily move all files/folders out of the SotA Lua folder then restart the game.
      Ensure the issue still occurs before submitting a bug; Support staff will not debug Add-On issues
    • Search for your bug before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Only reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug. ALL extraneous commentary will be deleted to avoid cluttering the reports.
    • Keep your bug report short and factual.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    Bug Report Template
    1. Title:
    2. Reproduction Rate:
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs:
    To get started, use /bug in-game (/devbug if on QA) to auto-create this template. It will even auto-fill some of the required information and open the browser for you. Then take the information that was just saved to your system's clipboard and paste it into a new QA forum post. Thank you bug hunters!
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Feeling less and less like multiplayer.

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by EMPstrike, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Ah, well that makes sense then. I am almost always gathering in friends only mode, so I guess I dont bother to take notice that you cant multiplayer in a mine. That makes sense!

2. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

The worst is when they see you killing an enemy next to a node and they come up and take the node from you since you're locked in combat. That's the one time where I wish I could just PK the sh*t out of them.

Elwyn, Tahru and Alley Oop like this.
  3. Syznow

Syznow Avatar

I fear that a result of their attempts to balances resource has made many people move to multiplayer for gathering/hunting. I play in friends mode a lot simply because all the resources are there for me to gather, not removed or killed by another player/party before I got there. I miss multiplayer as I like to meet new friends but dont play it as often with resources harder to collect in multiplayer.

Eventually once I get skills trained where I want them (though that is still a moving target) I hope to play multiplayer mode fulltime. However I do understand the lure of friends mode for resource collecting and skills training. Unless SotA devs can come up with a solution, I fear it may remain less of a multiplayer game than everyone had hoped for.

4. Armitage_

Armitage_ Avatar

I play almost exclusively in friends only mode, as do most people it seems. The main reason for this that it makes it better for gathering and hunting. I think this is a really cool feature, however I completely miss the multiplayer feel unless I swap back to multiplayer mode. Unfortunately its a pain to swap back and forth between modes.

I would love to see some zones forced to be multiplayer. It would be great to be able to hunt/gather in friends mode, but then when I travel back to cities automatically zone into multiplayer instances so that you get a sense of multiplayer, even while playing in friends mods. I think travel over Novia/Hidden Vale should be the same. I think the key is to not have to logout and back in, just to see other people running around.

Tydes likes this.
  5. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I had hoped for SotA to be a single player game with optional multiplayer from what was said during the Kickstarter campaign...

Ravicus Domdred, Sir Cabirus and uhop like this.