Fel's Freehold

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Dzwest, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dzwest

Dzwest Avatar

I will develop the layout and back story for the resident's of the Hamlet of Fel's Freehold as soon as I know a little more about what quadrant the Hamlet will be placed in and terrain type options that will be open when it is my turn to plan the hamlet with a Dev, and as to the PVP question, I need to know more about the mechanics: is it either all the time PVP, or no PVP, can I select PVP with a timer or de-select PVP when I choose, Looting in the town during PVP.? I'm know from reading the Forum Posts that these are common question. Until then I will continue to read the posts.

2. Dzwest

Dzwest Avatar

I have just upgraded from a Hamlet to a Village. This will be a village of Norse seafarer's whom landed on a foreign coast after being blown hard aground by a severe storm, and decided to make this new strange land their home. After pledging allegiance to the local Lord in exchange for Land Rights this lost band of seafarers promised to protect the surrounding lands from Brigands, Pirates and other manner evil men and woman determined to gain there sustenance from the hardworking farmers, fisher folk and craftsman instead of providing for themselves. The leaders of this displaced band are Hawken Bayne and his younger sister Darks Bayne. They both have a burning hatred for those that victimize the innocent, having been driven from their home in the far north by others of this same ilk.

I have been rolling ideas for the layout of my village around in my head. Now this description will depend on if my idea can fit into one of the Devs templates. I see a small harbor at the base of a granite cliff either on a northern coast or river estuary. The Village itself would be carved out of the cliff-side with stairs carved into the cliff linking the excavated areas composing the lots and common areas. By the way I just upgraded to the Lord Pledge. I hope that at some point we will be able to have siege equipment/machines.; the Lords House would be at the highest point of the Village and the perfect location for placing siege engines to drop some rocks or ballista bolts on any invaders/Pirates heads, or have some placed to cover a mountain pass. I would be happy with either the only access to the village being by water or by water and a defensible pass from the interior of the mountains. By the way this will be a Guild Village , but for allies or friends of the guild there will be lots available. The Guild name will be Thor's Revenge, so any old guildy's from other games who recognize the name make contact and get this a rolling.

So I was playing around with lot sizes and 20 ROW lots, 9 Village Lots, 5 Town Lots, 4 City lots and 2 Keep Lots will be the starting point for lots of the Freehold.

3. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome Dzwest!

Soleidad and Arianna like this.
  4. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Welcome Dzwest. :) Nice backstory

Soleidad, Arianna and Gaelis like this.
  5. Dzwest

Dzwest Avatar

Gaelis, Jatvardur, Mata, thanks for the Likes. Last upgrade I will do I swear!! I have upgraded to a Cross Road Village and bumped up pledge to Lord Marshall, I will place crafting stations in outdoor area if it allowed (from LM Pledge) or if not in my House which I will convert to a Guild House and set permissions for all to use. For venders I am certain I will have a Bank and depending on feed-back from others in guild or simply in-game friends I will place the other NPC owned buildings with associated venders/owners around the central square; the type of venders depends on the crafting interest feedback I receive. I hope to be able to purchase A Standing Stone Circle and place it in the square and use the supporting stones to mark rough areas outside the circle for Expert crafting stations placement. I am looking at a combination of Town and Village lots, just have to wait for Dev planning to flesh-out the lot structures/sizes. I have been reading the thread concerning when you can get into claim your housing lots and I must say I am glad to have control of my village so I can determine my own fate in that regard.: for anyone looking for a lot, post and we begin to talk about this. Just to be up front I will not be aligning with any Evil /Chaotic types. Guild membership is not required for residency in Fel's Freehold, but I will be holding some lots back for future guild members. I am going to maximize accessibility to all crafting, vending and NPC 's to anyone wandering through, with the goal of becoming a business center of a remote location, and a place of refuge for a tired and weary traveler. I am interested in forming connection/Alliance with another Player-Owned Town or Guild(s). looking forward to Battling together in the future.

Lord Marshall Hawken Bayne

6. Silverglade

Silverglade Avatar

Nice story I like it. Grats on the upgrades and welcome to the fun. Im totally with you on the siege engines, ballista, trebuchets, sounds like your a lot like my idea just coastal.

Arianna and Soleidad like this.
  7. Dzwest

Dzwest Avatar

Silverglade, it does sound like we have similar ideas for play-styles and tactics. I weaned my gaming milk-teeth in DAOC so I really hope we get siege engines here in SOTA. if we do I would consider some PVP flagging on a limited basis with resident/guild agreement and commitment for defense, but full-time PVP would not interest me. Let me know in the future if you might be interested in cooperation in-game .

Lord Marshall Hawken Bayne

Arianna and Soleidad like this.
  8. Sole

Sole Avatar

With that upgrade speed you will have metropolis in no time ;) Great story and many good ideas, Im sure it will work well.

Nice to have you here Dzwest!

Arianna likes this.
  9. Dzwest

Dzwest Avatar

As I said I am STOPPING the upgrade train here, but thanks for well wishes Soleidad.

Soleidad likes this.
  10. Sole

Sole Avatar

I know, I just was teasing you a bit - thats all :)

11. Dzwest

Dzwest Avatar

LOL thanks I thinko_O

Soleidad likes this.
  12. Silverglade

Silverglade Avatar

You bet id like to chat/hang out in R10 maybe some with you if we get time.. Who knows maybe a friendly duel or 3. Depends on how many times you beat me. I would consider some coop town pvp or tournaments or something. Right now my focus is the Dev talk which will help a lot more. Then its just a matter of a few meetings and things with the "think tanks" figure out what we would like to do.

I never played DAOC, in fact I have never really done pvp before except last release. Ive been jumped in games like UO and others but that's about it. I did enjoy it enough to dabble with, like you though not full time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.