Fero Red

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by MrBlight, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

What the hell is the Minimum taming requirement for taming a Fero red spider??

FrostII and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  2. Zader

Zader Avatar

I know some folks that were able to tame them at 119

3. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

Depends if you beat it into submission or not (if I tried, I think the spider would beat the hell out of me first, but still...) ;)

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/ferocious-red-spider.68247/ may be of use, seems 119 is the base level for a chance at taming an uninjured spider

Although only a mid-level tamer, I just reached enough summoning skill to be able to call a ferocious red - but honestly have no idea if, since all the taming changes, it would be a better combat pet for me then the large red spider I currently have given my present skill levels in the other parts of the taming tree. Anyone able to advise on that one, I'd appreciate the info.

4. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Even with the nerfs to summoning pets, fero red is better than large red (or at least the large red I use is not as good as the fero red that the person I was in a party with used).

5. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I having taming at 100 now and am actually quite happy with my bear. I bought a ferocious red the other day to see if it is worth me training up to 119 or so in order to tame my own. Personally i am a little underwhelmed with him and prefer my bear. Spiders are generally a very good pet for an adventurer and the fero red is the best, but they do have only around a 100 extra hp over a large red from memory, 350+ i think and even though they do more damage than my bear and kill things my bear needs healing through, i don't think for the cost of buying or getting taming up that high they are worth it, for me at least. My bear has 450+ hp, and is easier to keep healed with this buffer and if i do loose not a big issue as i can tame myself or buy a lot cheaper than the 20k or 119 taming needed for the big red. Also the bear knock the mobs all over the place (much fun) and makes them run away or interrupts them shooting me with arrows and i find that more beneficial that having a mob webbed.

Its good to see differences with HP and damage and abilities with the pets and hope to see a difference in resistances and such with new releases.

6. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

The Bear tavern had a pet fight yesterday and this is interesting to note: The video for some of it is here done by Rada Torment
    https://www.twitch.tv/isvrada/v/100678092

Now I'm assuming a little here, but some skills are shown. The spider has many more hp than mine does! i have my tame creature level at 95, which gives it a +15 modifier, next change is 105 and then i believe 118 or so, so will make it +17 at this point. I imagine the owner of the spider has his at this level to get thie extra hp u can see in the video.
    But the bear whose owner had only 80 tame creature level it seems lasted very well against it from the video and i think if there tamed creature skills are level, the bear might win!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    Moiseyev Trueden, MrBlight and moko like this.
  7. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

So 119 seems to be the magic number here.
    And thats listed as an un injured spider.
    I can confirm that even beaten down to 10%, it is not 116 , so 119 must be the bare minimum.

And yea im expecting to be underwhelmed at them, i normally run an obsid bear, but i made a push for it and im so close i cant justify not finishing it lol

8. mass

mass Avatar

It depends some on your play style. For me, the advantage of the spider is web root, which holds things in place for my melee character to beat them up. For a ranged character, I can see how the bear might work well.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  9. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Spot on...i also used to love the spider for the same reason but as ive got a bit better and can handle more than one at a time i find the bear best nowadays. Not to say later when more mobs get released the spider will again be my fav for the same reason. Its good that they give the pets differing abilities.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  10. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

Just wanted to clarify Combat Training a bit and that level 106 is +16 and Level 126 is +17. ;)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    Bow Vale likes this.
  11. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

121....eeek...i thought 105 ish would be ok not to much of an issue, but 121 sounds tough....Have you found a good increase ith their ability at these furthering levels? From a video i saw with a fero red on it seemed its HP was about 100 or so above my one, the only effect could be this skill i think but the difference is quite large, have u found it so?

12. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Im wondering how recent that video was? that bear looked like a punk.. spider too.
    My current pets are stronger then that =P lol

13. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

This is my current taming tree and as you can see I have 872 skill points invested into it.

[​IMG]

My Focus without any buffs is 521. With my fer red spider summoned my combat focus drain is -293.8 which gives me a total focus of 228 with fer red spider out.

My spiders stats with no buffs on either myself or my spider is 453 health and 514 focus.

I could go on but I will leave that for another thread. But, to answer your question that if I notice the difference to be quite large, the answer is a definite NO and is very disappointing.

Bottom line, the taming tree still needs a whole lot of work.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    Duke Gréagóir and Bow Vale like this.
  14. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Thx for the detailed reply...I wonder where the difference in the spiders stats come from then as my fero red, with Combat training at 92, which is a +15 compared to yours at 106 and +16. Your Spider has 453 health mine only 382, and your has 514 focus and mine 462 . There doesn't seem to be a shown attunement for taming, maybe its hidden and this influences it stats, it just seems a massive increase for +1 Taming level.

15. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Whats your summoning Bow?
    Summoning increases pets max level aswell or effets it does it not?

Also whoa those stats seem massivly disappointing.
    My bear right now is close to 450 health ( i thought? Id have to look ) . ... i was hoping the fero red would be closer to 650? Such a massive gap between everything.. 59 for bear.. 90 or w.e for fero red summoning.. like 80 taming skill to the 120..
    that seems like a load of crap

16. mass

mass Avatar

I think you only need 79 summoning for the spider. I don't think summoning level increases you pets level; there is another skill in the tree that does that. Summoning level only gates the level of pet you can summon as far as I know.

17. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

79 to summon the ferocious red at all- but summoning skill also has a tooltip, if you hover over it (in my case at 79 summoning it says +80.4 tamed creature max level, whilst it claims at 99 it will be +89.4 tamed creature max level) and that tallies with what I saw earlier, as I increased summoning skill there was a very slow but steady increase on the HP for my large red spider. I suspect some mechanic similar to the way your HP rises as you character gains adventurer levels, other skills can affect it but there' a core calculation about your, or your pet's, level that gives a basic HP total, and probably some other things (I'd presume focus, but could well be other things too).

Edit : - If it helps anyone cleverer than me to work something out, stats on the character I'm using for this are 59 taming, 79 summoning, 74 combat training (tooltip says +13 tame level bonus), my ferocious red is 377 and 457 focus, and drains 261.4 focus from me since my concentration is only at 74

Bow Vale likes this.
  18. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

This is from another taming post that I started and have been updating with data points. Last data point was on 11/7/16 and I have not gained in more than 1 level since.

At my current skill level My pets have these stats Summoning 90, Combat Training 94, Concentrating 90:

(11/07/2016) - The HP have not changed so your increasing the Summoning and Combat Training did not help. But increasing the Concentrating did help lower the focus cost by a little bit.

Large Polar Bear - 331 hp - focus drain 158.6

Bear Patriarch - 370 hp - focus drain 182.2

Obsidian Bear - 445 hp - focus drain 225.7

Ferocious Red Spider - 412 hp - focus drain 274.3 (this one has web and poison attack)

At my current skill level My pets have these stats Summoning 87, Combat Training 91, Concentrating 85:

Large Polar Bear - 331 hp - focus drain 161

Bear Patriarch - 370 hp - focus drain 186

Obsidian Bear - 445 hp - focus drain 230.4

Ferocious Red Spider - 407 hp - focus drain 274.8 (this one has web and poison attack)

I searched back in a few threads and wanted to post my pet's stats with this older skill set Summoning 71, Combat Training 87, Concentrating 75.

Large Polar Bear - HP: 285 - Focus Drain: 202.9

Bear Patriarch - Did not have this pet yet.

Obsidian Bear - HP: 392 - Focus Drain: 296.1

Ferocious Red Spider - HP: 312 - Focus Drain: 296.1

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...s-how-i-gmed-tame-creature.67522/#post-681297

19. mass

mass Avatar

I took the tool tip at face value and interpreted to mean it just allowed you to summon higher level creature. Hard to tell if effects stats from that description.

Bow Vale likes this.
  20. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Interesting

My ferocious red has 382 hp - my summoning is 79, Combat training 92, concentration 90....So yours has 25 more HP than mine, and my combat training is actually higher than yours, thus summoning must play a part in the HP of the pet, approx. 3 hp per level it seems for this pet at least. The tool tip makes no mention of this. I shall try and raise it and see if it does effect it.

mass likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.