1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Final Wipe and Lot Selection

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Womby

Womby Avatar

Sometimes minor adjustments need to be made to procedures in order to guard against unanticipated problems. This happens in all walks of life, and SotA is no exception.
    For those who use the system in the manner intended, the modification makes zero difference. For those who are constantly seeking ways to gain an advantage over others, the change may cause a slight inconvenience.
    How we respond to such slight inconveniences is one of the ways that we as individuals are able to demonstrate our maturity.

2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

With the introduction of the Row Lot, and the extension of landed contributors pushed down to the Ancestor level, they cut the price of being landed in game (with a tax free deed) in half, yet saw relatively few take advantage of the new offer. Row Lots are also the only standard deed type still available in any significant number in the Add-On store (there are 16 Town lot deeds available) with a price tag of only $85. So many were still available that they've removed 350 of them from the pool available in the Add-On store, reserving them for purchase with in-game gold once we've achieved persistence.

Your theory doesn't seem to be supported by reality.

Last edited: May 14, 2016
  3. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

Well, that's not good enough housing for the middle class! Castle deeds for everyone!

4. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

Clearly everyone needs their own free personal metropolis POT once they cough up the basic entry fee!

Actually funny thing - single player offline mode will probably facilitate that.

5. Alton Brown

Alton Brown Avatar

I am soooo lost. I am understanding that my LoM2 account cannot receive deeds from the THREE Duke accounts I purchased specifically to let my LoM2 account have multiple homes? I do NOT plan on playing 4 accounts; but I cannot believe my $25k plus investment in accounts just went bust because a rule change says now I cannot transfer my deeds to myself.

Please @DarkStarr tell me I am mistaken and my investment was not vaporized by a rule change. I am not putting all these deeds in my POT's (I have two). Please tell me I can use the deeds I paid for as I planned and as I was promised, viz., to enhance my LoM2 land holdings. Please.

This cannot be true; I must not understand. I cannot believe RG would allow this to happen.

Acred likes this.
  6. Womby

Womby Avatar

@Alton Brown
    The freeze on deed transfers is only for the duration of the land rush. Once that is over you can transfer deeds as much as you wish. In any case, you were never going to be able to place more than one deed in your priority slot - the rest would have to wait 'till the end of the land rush, so it would always have made sense to leave the deeds with the original accounts until they were placed (each in their own priority time slot), and then assign permissions to the one account that you intended to play from (rather than transfer ownership).

That means that each account would be participating in the land rush individually. After that you can assign lot permissions for placed deeds to your main account.

If you are not worried about the lot selection sequence (e.g. you own a POT) then you can always transfer deed ownership after the land rush is over, and use the extra deeds to secure lots then..

Last edited: May 15, 2016
    Acred, Bodhbh Dearg, NRaas and 10 others like this.
  7. Alton Brown

Alton Brown Avatar

@Womby if that is the case, for your explanation, I am in your debt. If your proffer proves true I will be awarded the benefit of my bargain. I can, post land rush, consolidate the Keep and other deeds from my Duke accounts to my LoM account. Thank you sir. @DarkStarr

8. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

My understanding is the same as Womby's.

Had it been true that you couldn't transfer deeds, just hypothetically, then you would still have the option of setting your main account as Trustee on all lots. That is effectively as good as being the owner. The caveat in this case being that you'd need to log in to all sub-accounts every ~120 days to keep the lots active. That isn't necessarily a bad option, especially from an account security perspective. If a password for one of your accounts is comprised then the damage is, hopefully, contained to that one account (likely to be your main). Just food for thought. There is a bit more set up involved to do that correctly, but that's the gist of it.

Continuing with the same problem, just as a hypothetical example, I wonder if you could have asked Port to make the deed transfer for you. If we were to say that deed trading was restricted between players due to some risk, then it ought to still be possible if Port did the transfer since that ought to mitigate most of the risk. You'd end up paying the service charge but 25 bucks in comparison to 25000 is 'nothing'.

Lastly, if it all goes wrong then there is always the marketplace too. As a recent buyer of accounts you probably have a idea of what you'd make back: i.e. most of your money, if not all of it, or even a little extra.

Acred and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  9. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

@Womby's explanation is correct.

10. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Yes e is spot on. Only temporary during limited time frame after group 91 all goes back to tradable, or some time close after

Acred and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  11. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Wow, who could have thought? Fund more, Invest more, commit more, risk more, get more reward! Outrageous!:eek:
    And here is where you're mistaken. It's been said, time and again, that devs will never switch (back) to a subscription model. So your conspiration theory is suddenly void and null.

12. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Ok so we'll be able to trade deeds AFTER the initial rush has completed.

No, I don't have a better idea how to do this. That's why I talk to people a lot. Hoping to learn if there is a better process. After watching the NBNN interview with DarkStarr, It feels like things are being tweaked still and thus my post :)

So I can purchase additional accounts and consolidate after the rush if I wanted. Gotcha!

13. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

From the FAQ:
    Backers at Ancestor level and above receive a tax exempt Lot Deed but the lot can still revert after an extended amount of inactivity (4 months at Ancestor level, 5 months at Citizen level, and an additional month per level after that).

So if Baron 2 and 3 count as separate "levels" it would be a login every 10 months or 300ish days.

I think that a trustee moving an decoration item on a lot also counts against the expiration (it did in testing when we had 2 weeks revert).

I hope that the system will eventually allow you to promote someone above trustee up to owner of the lot via the interface for the purposes of securely trading.

14. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

After reading through the latter posts, the temporary R32 freeze on deed transfers between accounts makes sense to me.

I could see how a multi-account owner could be disappointed by not being able to 'pass a deed up' to a higher-pledged account for earlier tier placement in an NPC town, while the main account's larger deed was reserved for a less-rushed POT placement later. I can see that having been a draw for purchasing a second account. Not my approach, but I can see how some would have wanted to do this. We may owe sympathies to those who anticipated that, pledged more, and perhaps got a bit burned by it.

However, its not clear there was ever an intention to enable multiple account holders to have that loop hole become an advantage in the land rush over others either. Given this, limiting lot placement strictly to 'pledge level by account' seems to a fair and reasonable way to meet the original intention of the limited lot system and placement approach. My two cents.

Acred, Alley Oop, Ice Queen and 2 others like this.
  15. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Is that still in date? Hmmm. Actually, I've only placed a village lot in the current release so I don't know what the inactivity value is for higher level deeds.

Anyone have the facts? I'm a bit behind the times.

The first point would be great in many ways. Means you wouldn't need to log in to an account to keep ownership 'active'. As I pointed out before, this would mean that account's password would rarely be used. If set correctly that account would be more difficult to compromise.

I hope they have a secure land transfer service in development. It is clear that people won't want to swap locations with another player if there is a reasonable chance of having neither.

Acred likes this.
  16. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

As Womby already explained this is ONLY for R32. After that deeds will be fully transferrable.

Elwyn, Acred, Link_of_Hyrule and 6 others like this.
  17. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

Yup... Good thing I continued to read before replyin
    It's a manual thing... I run through the towns for which I am "Cartographer Trustee" regularly and update the status of the lots as I find them... Other POT owners that claimed their town on SotaMap should ideally be doing the same... ;)

Acred, Beli and Katrina Bekers like this.
  18. Finally Quit

Finally Quit Avatar

Your characterization of people using the system that was at hand as an exploit of a loophole is offensive. When this topic was broached recently in the forums and via NBNN, @DarkStarr himself acknowledged that the moving of deeds from account to account was an acceptable practice. Yes they have changed course. @DarkStarr acknowledged this to @Lazarus Long and his post. (Which seems to have been moderated and was one of the few voices of dissent) Your demonization of people using what was acknowledged as an acceptable practice is uncalled for.

Last edited: May 15, 2016
    Bodhbh Dearg likes this.
  19. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

I apologize if I offended you however, I did not call anyone an exploiter due to using an unintended loophole, much less demonize the practice. I did refer to the practice as exploiting an unfinished system. From my personal point of view, this was an unintended loophole due to the fact that the system hadn't been implemented completely (like much of the "game" at this point). There will be many other changes to systems prior to launch that many may think are finished. This was just one of those systems.

Perhaps you have a better term you would rather I use? Please feel free to PM me any suggestions you may have as this is swaying this topic off course.

You are also welcome to contact support should you feel my response warrants a complaint.

KuBaTRiZeS and Alley Oop like this.
  20. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

@Bodhbh Dearg, how does a POT Owner 'claim' their town, and what would be the methdology for both getting their map (correctly) in the tool and updating it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.