Fireangel's Journal - ((Pre-Alpha Release 4))

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by Fireangel, Mar 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fireangel

Fireangel Avatar

Lord British was in Fire Lotus' Tavern today!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. rild

rild Avatar

just .. super :)

Fireangel likes this.
  3. Fireangel

Fireangel Avatar

Wait! What is this? In the Spiders' Pass, there are these statues, and to the right, just behind this statue, that is a path.

[​IMG]

What is up the path? A hidden camp of hostile Elves!

[​IMG]

And now, the camp is clear.

[​IMG]

4. Fireangel

Fireangel Avatar

Top of the world in Kings Port!

[​IMG]

5. Fireangel

Fireangel Avatar

The lady heard tell of a new area she had not yet seen in the opened places of New Britannia from the mouth of Lord British himself. Her blue eyes widened in surprise. Lord British called this place 'The Edge of the World'.

Fireangel gasped, "Do you mean that I have missed one? There were ten new places to see, and I thought I had been to all of them." She pondered, as Lord British's eyes twinkled merrily. She set out to find this place as soon as Lord British departed from a visit at Fire Lotus' Tavern. This turned into a maddening endeavor.

She looked for some time alone, and then mentioned this mysterious location to other avatars. Dermott and Lady Amber Raine said to her that they knew of the place, but neither one would spill the beans of where it could be found at first. The lady was then approached quietly by Eternal Knight, who said he would help her find this 'Edge', if he could. She thanked him kindly, but declined until she or he could get a better clue of where to look. Not long after, Dermott offered to show the mysterious location to Fireangel. She was very happy indeed; at first.

In the realm, for a short time, there had been implemented a travel convenience called 'zone'. The trouble was that 'zoning' could be unstable, and therefore, left many adventurers quite frustrated. If one were friends, and grouped into a party, and they were somehow out of sync in getting to the same location at the same time, they would 'zone' to the other. When none of that worked, the instability of the realm was realized. Lord British's subjects worked night and day on these troubles, and were greatly appreciated.

The lady tried to zone to Dermott. Dermott tried to zone to her. Eternal Knight tried to zone to Fireangel. She tried to zone to him. They were all frustrated. Dermott was in the mysterious area, and willing to give a tour, but nothing worked for quite awhile. At last the lady left New Britannia entirely for the earthly realm, and then returned, and her zone attempt to Dermott succeeded. It never did work for Eternal Knight to the area, but he later found it of his own volition.

Here is how you get to the area ((thank you, Eternal Knight)):
    • Go to any 'Spiders' Pass' area - such as the first Hex with a hill SE of Owls' Head
      • Go straight down the path, take left at fork in the road, take left at next fork in the road, come to dead end with spiders, turn around, take a left, there's a small path between two rocks, and a bear, and a tall, black statue.
      • To the left of the statue, jump up the rocks and go up the path, to get to the 'Edge of the World' area.
    [​IMG]

Looking back at the area we just came from:

[​IMG]

This is the actual 'Edge', and yes, you can fall off:

[​IMG]

Here's where Dermott set out from me to let me explore on my own:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Which is what I happily did at last! Thank you so much, Dermott!

Here, you can look down into the 'Spider Pass' and see the creatures and other adventurers.

[​IMG]

I always stop and look up for the Shattered Moon:

[​IMG]

Here is the area coming around from the other side of the 'Spiders' Pass':

[​IMG]

This is to the other side of the 'Zoning Out' exit from the 'Spiders' Pass'.

[​IMG]

And that, avatars is the mysterious location Lord British spoke of, which I'm sure will not exist much longer! This makes a lot more sense to me now why the 'Zone' and 'Party' functions get out of sync. Here is my last image of the adventure -- a very frustrating but rewarding one (!) -- and it is after I explored the area. While Dermott had successfully been able to show me around the 'Edge of the World', Eternal Knight had never been able to sync up with me for any of it, which was too bad. However, he was good enough to pose with me afterward in the Owls' Head area at the 'BEWARE' sign.

[​IMG]

Thank you, thank you, Dermott and Eternal Knight! What a wonderful bunch of avatars we have in this community! To Lord British: Thank you for spilling the beans in the first place! Thank you to Lord British and all of his 'subjects' who work so hard for all of us!

6. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

I've done some of these things in the past day or two, and remember them fondly :)

Fireangel likes this.
  7. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

Thanks Dermott, Fireangel and LB for sharing this tidbit. Don't fear the edge!
    [​IMG]

8. Floors

Floors Avatar

I zoned to Fireangel when she was falling off the edge and I ended up in a falling off the world loop :(

Luckily zoned to her again to get out of it.

9. Fireangel

Fireangel Avatar

You did? I didn't realize that! hehe

10. Fireangel

Fireangel Avatar

Last day visit from Lord British:

[​IMG]

The swimming party that ensued the last day:

[​IMG]

((Unfortunately, right now, only YOUR swimming animation works for YOU, and all the other avatars just look like they're standing around -- boo -- hope this gets fixed!!))

[​IMG]

Here we are, getting out and getting dressed afterward:

[​IMG]

I met up with Melchior Meijer in Kingsport for more swimming madness. We were soon joined by Iazon Paragon, and Riya. A few others ran through, but didn't stay.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(( My jump -- below -- landed me far out into the water -- on the left. Melchior landed on the rocks. Ow, is right. ))

[​IMG]

Mel wanted to try for a Titanic image. I agreed -- don't judge me. :p

[​IMG]

Mel also thought the Darkstarr salute might look like a Titanic image of holding me back from the danger of the sea. I agreed to that. None of it looks like Titanic to me, but it was worth a try. Why not?

[​IMG]

Asclepius, Lord Royou, Glory and 2 others like this.
  11. Fireangel

Fireangel Avatar

I was standing around at Astrobia's Trivia Contest, when I heard Caravaggios Wolf speak from afar off, and went to see if I might locate him. I succeeded.

[​IMG]

Caravaggios was very polite, as always. "Why can we hear what people say when we can't see them?" he asked.

"We all speak VERY LOUDLY," I joked, and we both laughed.

He asked me where I had been, and I told him of Astrobia's Trivia Contest going on at the Lord of the Manor House. Caravaggios asked me if I would lead him there, and so I did, of course.

[​IMG]

((Great job on that, Astrobia, by the way! Kudos to all involved. Congratulations to the winners.))

12. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Great screenshots, Fireangel! Looks like you had a lot of fun swimming :D Nothing wrong with trying to recreate scenes from Titanic ;) Really nice of Caravaggios Wolf to put in an appearance!

13. Fireangel

Fireangel Avatar

Oh my goodness, look what Bubonic found! I didn't find this! Ah! Great find!

[​IMG]

14. Ember

Ember Avatar

Love your story style screenshot roundup, Fireangel! You really make the world come alive, forcing me to get out of my "this is an alpha test of an online game" mindset! :D Much love to you, storyteller!

15. Miganarchine

Miganarchine Avatar

Like the Titanic one lol:p

Fireangel likes this.
  16. MindBlast

MindBlast Avatar

Thanks, nice pics!

Fireangel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.