1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 70259] quest Find the "Rabbit" cannot Finish

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by CosmoDJ, Mar 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CosmoDJ

CosmoDJ Avatar

2. Reproducible?: no i can not
    3. Blocker?: i don´t know

4, Details:

on December 3rd, 2021 at 10:41 am I accepted the quest Find the "Rabbit".
    for some reason. I can't restart or finish the quest. all NPC tell me "come back tomorrow"
    i haven't received any quest item or reward for 3 months.

I have no further information. I'm sorry

PC:
    Prozessor: AMD Ryzen9 3900x 12Core
    Mainboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite x570
    Arbeitsspeicher: DDR4 4x8GB G.Skill Flare X 3200
    Grafikkarte: MSI Nividia GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB
    SSD: 2x Kingston KC2500 NVMe PCIe SSD -SKC2500M8/500G M.2 2280 (Raid 0)
    Internet: 1000k from Vodafone
    Win 10 64bit Pro

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/948932715225419776/948954087876087848/unknown.png
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/948932715225419776/948954088593305620/unknown.png

Sean Silverfoot and Winston like this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Open your inventory and make sure you have show quest items on (they are all yellow colored). Find the item named Rabbit’s Foot Charm and delete it.

I believe that will fix your problem. If I’m recalling correctly, the old quest item was bugged and you need to get the new one. And don’t worry, deleting it won’t break anything, you can get another after the daily quest reset time happens (at 6:00 pm CST).

3. SammiX

SammiX Avatar

Hello,
    I have the same problem like CosmoDJ with the Rabbit Quest.
    @Anpu But there is no Rabbit Foot Charm in my inventory.
    Maybe I was to slow to find the child with the mask and lost that quest for ever. ;)

Anpu likes this.
  4. CosmoDJ

CosmoDJ Avatar

no quest Item

Anpu likes this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Ok, can you go to castle Atos and find the kid with the rabbit mask on, when you speak to them what do they say?

6. CosmoDJ

CosmoDJ Avatar

@anbu
    please read the deatils error description properly and look at the pictures.

I will ignore such statements in the future. because everything is clearly visible in the description and pictures.

7. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

According to the your screenshots, I see the children say the game is over for the day. The way this works is that their game uses quest flags that will expire over time. If you come back "tomorrow" the quest flags will be reset and you should be able to start over. But, obviously you're stuck.

I have some questions.
    1. Was this your first time attempting this quest?
    2. If this was not your first time on this quest, how many times were you able to successfully complete it?
    3. On this last attempt at the quest, did you find the "rabbit" child right away, or did you put off the search for more than a day?
    4. On this last attempt at the quest, did you get the Rabbit's Foot Charm item when you found the "rabbit" but you no longer have it? Or did you never get the Rabbit's Foot Charm item?
    5. If you did get the Rabbit's Foot Charm item, did you possibly put it somewhere besides your inventory? (For example, in your bank or in your house.)

Anpu and Winston like this.
  8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

It's possible that at the quest reset time (6:00PM CST) the Find the Fox quest flag is marked as failed (?), but the task and journal entry will never get completed. Also the player can never get the rabbit's foot quest item that is needed to complete it, as the kid with the mask will not give the item. I'm attempting to replicate that when I get home (after quest reset happens).

The failure state code is possibly not working correctly and completing this quest when failed?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2022
  9. CosmoDJ

CosmoDJ Avatar

[​IMG]
    I thank you for your answer
    it was like this. I just accepted the quest without reading it.
    The quest was accepted on December 3rd, 2021.
    I didn't receive a quest item because I didn't look for the child that day. but only accepted the quest :( 1 month later a friend drew my attention to it. There are great things. I also wanted to have them. But it was probably too late and no matter what day I go there, the answer is always the same from the children.

10. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

FYI - if you ask about fox and rabbit again while the quest is active, you will get the "We're not playing right now" response.

SammiX and Anpu like this.
  11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I can replicate this now too: With a new character, get the Find the Rabbit quest. Immediately log out of the game. After the quest reset time happens, log into the game and go to castle Atos. Speaking to the kid with the mask, Kresimir or Lyudmila will all state they are not playing the game right now.

The Find the Rabbit task and journal entry will still be active and can never be completed.

SammiX and CosmoDJ like this.
  12. Sannio

Thanks for the report and all the follow-ups. Issue #70259

13. CosmoDJ

CosmoDJ Avatar

Thanks anpu for replikate the problem.

Echondas and Anpu like this.
  14. Sannio

The change for the fox-and-rabbit game is now on the live server. I'd appreciate it if anyone on this thread tested it again.

I'm also nervous that my fix also broke something about the quest. I saw a vague report that "The Fox and Rabbit quest givers are broken" with no other details, so testing the first-time and daily versions would be helpful.

Anpu likes this.
  15. Sannio

Looks like you can't interact with the "huntmaster" children. This was due to an integration error. The next update should fix it.

Anpu likes this.
  16. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Speaking to Lyudmila or Kresimir is working now.

I took my character Ast who failed to find the rabbit in time(?) (Is that at quest reset time, I don't know). This character has both the task and journal entry Find the "Rabbit". I then spoke to to Lyudmila or Kresimir and they say:
    [7:33 AM] Ast: fox-and-rabbit
    [7:33 AM] Kresimir: We're not playing right now. Come back tomorrow and we can play a new game of fox-and-rabbit.

If we have a character that failed to find the rabbit in time, what should be happening? The huntmaster kids don't seem to be saying a specific line of dialogue that indicate we have failed the quest and to just return tomorrow?

03/18/2022 07:35
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1516.Date.03.17.22
    Area: Novia_R1_City_CastleAtos
    Area Display Name: Castle Atos
    Loc: (17.3, 111.3, 400.8)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfQ2l0eV9DYXN0bGVBdG9zfHwoMTcuMzQsIDExMS4zMjYsIDQwMC43OTgpfCgwLCAtMC4xMzgsIDAsIDAuOTkpfDM0Ni41MjU2fDM1LjIwMzcyfDE3Ljk5OTk3

17. Sannio

Awesome!

This is a quest that may have necessarily complicated logic. :)
    1. Huntmaster: When you accept the "find the rabbit" task from a huntmaster child, you get a "game on" daily flag.
      1. If you have the "game end" daily flag, you can't start the task again because the game is over for today, and the huntmaster will say that you can play again tomorrow.
    2. Rabbit: If you have the "game on" daily flag and find the rabbit, you'll get the rabbit's foot charm and a "rabbit found" daily flag.
      1. If you have the "rabbit found" or "game end" daily flag, the game is over for today and the rabbit child will say you can play again tomorrow.
    3. Huntmaster: If you have the "game on" daily flag, the rabbit's foot charm, and the "rabbit found" daily flag, but not the "game end" daily flag, you can turn in the rabbit's foot charm to complete the task which gives you the "game end" daily flag.
      1. The huntmaster has a fallback response for when you don't have the active flags required to play again: "We're not playing right now. Come back tomorrow and we can play a new game of fox-and-rabbit."
    When all 3 daily flags become inactive, you can play the game again.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
    Anpu likes this.
  18. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

If we have the quest Find the "Rabbit" but never found the rabbit, when is the "game end" daily flag reset to "game on" daily flag?

If you make a new character, go to castle atos, get the quest Find the Rabbit, then immediately log out of the game. After 24 hours, if you return to castle atos, I think the player is stuck with the "game end" daily flag. And then can never finish the quest at all? This is still currently happening with my Ast test character. She cannot finish the quest at all.

19. Sannio

The "game on" daily flag and "game end" daily flag are 2 separate flags. One does not become the other.

You get the "game on" daily flag each time you accept the task to find the rabbit from the hutmaster.

You get the "game end" daily flag each time you successfully deliver the Rabbit's Foot Charm to the huntmaster.

All daily flags automatically go away after a day.

Going through the steps: You got the quest to Find the Rabbit means you also got the "game on" daily flag. This daily flag eventually goes away after a day like all other daily flags. They're not based on a "24 hours after you get the flag" timer. They all reset at 3:00am CT (although I don't know if this is affected by Daylight Savings Time, so potentially the reset might happen one hour later for all I know). But if you waited 24 hours, you should definitely have passed the daily reset timer.

One change I added to the huntmaster is if you accept the quest but then give up, you should be able to come back after the "game on" daily flag goes away and say "fox-and-rabbit" to get a conversation choice which has an option to play again.

If your character says "fox-and-rabbit" to a huntmaster, what does the huntmaster say? The exact wording could help me understand what the NPC thinks your character's flag state is currently.

Anpu likes this.
  20. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

[3/18/2022 7:35:25 AM] [7:35 AM] Ast: fox-and-rabbit
    [3/18/2022 7:35:26 AM] [7:35 AM] Lyudmila: We're not playing right now. Come back tomorrow and we can play a new game of fox-and-rabbit.

The kid with the mask:
    [3/18/2022 10:46:14 AM] [10:46 AM] Child: Hello, outlander.
    [3/18/2022 10:46:17 AM] [10:46 AM] Ast: fox-and-rabbit
    [3/18/2022 10:46:17 AM] [10:46 AM] Child: If you want to play fox-and-rabbit, today's game is over. Come back tomorrow if you want to play again.

Sannio likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.