Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD

Discussion in 'Release 40 Feedback Forum' started by Contessa, Mar 31, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Contessa

Contessa Avatar

Can you please not have EVERY FREAKIN TOWN BE UNDER SIEGE WITHOUT EVEN A WARNING???

And would you please put an ank at BOTH ends of the instance.

How are brand new players EVER supposed to go to a POT?

Just stupid stupid stupid.

Vrunk Hrrk, Quenton, dorkish and 5 others like this.
  2. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

*cry indeed*

*rage*

*riot 2017*

3. Selene

Selene Avatar

Just run in.. don't be afraid!!!

[​IMG]

4. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Each siege has an easy path. For example, forest siege just stay to the left, hills siege, you want go middle and across the bridge.

Alexander and 2112Starman like this.
  5. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Just so you know, you actually blame the PoT owner for this. They are under siege 24x7 because the pot owner has put out every devotional. This is not the devs fault lol

6. Contessa

Contessa Avatar

The cabalists run in packs and hunt you down. There is no easy path.

Tamsen, Chatele, Numa and 1 other person like this.
  7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

fixed that for you

8. Contessa

Contessa Avatar

I will now sleep better at night. It matters not which path you take. The cabalists don't even need to see you to agro on you. They will run to wherever you are.

MrBlight and firesparx like this.
  9. AthenaBorune

AthenaBorune Avatar

Dawns Keep has only 3 devotionals. Its been under siege this whole time non stop since patch. I am not complaining because I do rather enjoy it, but the cabalists are running in packs once released and even as a mid/high level character taking paths that normally you shouldnt run into things you are dying when they are out. Maybe add a port to the other side or leash them to areas of the map so there is a safe path through on the outside? I know that defeats the point of the siege, but something needs to be come up with for the lower guys to get home/reach vendors. <3 SIEGES <3

10. Randbo

Randbo Avatar

i am assuming that since POT sieges are new, they need tweaks to get the levels right.
    i surely hope so, because Contessa is NOT a low level PVMer. she is very high level and if she is complaining, then imagine what new players will be doing, like..like..LEAVING THE GAME in frustration.

do work on this guys.

11. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

LOL!

12. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Doesn't that only happen when you break the catapults and leave the mini-bosses?

13. Contessa

Contessa Avatar

Even if you take out the (mini?) bosses, the siege remains. It just says they have no leader. Once one of them remained as just a place holder (frozen) with the AOE debuff active around him.

14. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

What you dont like always having to run through 2 extra load scenes to get to a POT?
    Or trying to close the scene for almost no reward, only to have it glitch and either instantly restart or stay open?

Comeon guys, this is stuff that needs to be caught in basic release testing.

Add a damn cooldown after closing a siege or something to the POT, they turn from fun into annoying very very quickly.

Snikorts, Tamsen, Vrunk Hrrk and 2 others like this.
  15. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

As with the random encounters, there should be a way to bypass/avoid these without having to run for your life and sit through two additional load screens if you have no intention whatsoever to participate.

16. dorkish

dorkish Avatar

ya it's just too crazy i put all my stuff in the bank and moved out the town cause i couldn't get any crafting done

Tamsen, Vrunk Hrrk and firesparx like this.
  17. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

Sieges are the one thing that has stopped me playing as often as I used to. I've been mostly trapped in Ardoris because most of the time I'm there, there's a siege. I'm scared to leave because I'm worried that the next time I try to return, there'll be a siege.

People say there's an easy path with the sieges, but I have not found it. Right near the entrance, no matter which way I go, I've got cabalists on me and I'm either quickly dying, slowly dying, or giving up because I don't want to spend the short amount of time I intended to play the game going through a siege.

This is a little different to many of the areas like Brightbone Pass or Eastreach Gap or Nightshade Pass, because you can actually run through those at a relatively low level (Vertas Pass is the same story, but from what I understand you can go on a long run around the world to get past it, which sucks, but is good enough).

There's just no doubt that these will stop new players from playing, and it's very likely we'll never hear about it, because they're the kind of thing that frustrates players not to make a complaint about it, but to drop the game and discard it.

Vrunk Hrrk, Tamsen and firesparx like this.
  18. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Apparently there is more than one kind of siege map, but the Forest siege is the one that seems to block entry to my home town almost constantly. I keep forgetting which direction is which (to or from Novia). Going in one direction there is a kind of camp of friendly mercenaries on the right as you enter the scene. You can hear some of them cringing and crying in fear. Go through the camp and follow the dirt path (there is a silver node on the left) until you reach the exit. If you enter from the other direction there will be no mercenary camp on the right, so you have to turn left at the entrance and follow the dirt path until you reach that camp. Go through the camp to the exit. In both directions I only ever met 3 or 4 low level cultists (with fewer than 100 HP).

I assume that it might be possible for other players to lure the cabalists to the scene entrance, but that hasn't happened to me since the sieges were first introduced and the cabalists were liches. I don't think it should be possible - the safe road should be beyond the cabalists' leash.

19. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

they can definitely be pulled all the way to the entrance. i've never seen one leash anywhere in the scene.

20. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

For the forest siege:

From the scout side (opposite the camp): turn around. There is an earthen ramp to the left, just before the fallen tree. Go up the ramp. Immediately turn left before you leave the scene back to Novia. Go along the exposed roots (off the grass) until just beyond a tree. You can enter the grass area to the right there. There is a cotton plant just beyond this entrance area. Run in this area until you get to the town side. Stay out of the sight of the baddies' catapults to the left.

From the camp side (opposite the scout): turn to the right. Run over the mercenary tent to the right. You'll see a couple of broken rocks sticking out on the right. Climb/jump the rocks until you get to the area above the path with baddies mentioned in Kara Brae's post above. You can run along that area to the Novia side of the map. Keep out of the sight of the baddies. I don't think there is anything to harvest along this route.

The above is valid until after a developer reads it and it gets fixed for being a bug.

Alexander likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.