Friday Night Astronomy 7:30p CST

Discussion in 'Recurring Player Events' started by Bowen Bloodgood, Sep 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Friday Night Astronomy is back on! Starting this Friday outside of Caer Dracwych from 7:30-8:30 CST.

Learn about the New Britannia sky as it is and how it should be. Ask questions or just hang out and see what's happening in the sky.

Caer Dracwych is located along the northern coast just West of the Grannus Colossus and North of the Kas Ruins.

http://www.sotamap.com/?map_id=1

2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

<reserved>

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Its 1.30am then here in UK but ill try and make it, at least it will be dark and i can see all the stars :rolleyes:

4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Doesn't look like I'll make it tonight.. especially if the download speeds don't improve over last night. Took hours and I only made it to 30% on the first patch and I forget to get it started this morning. Plus I have to run to the store on the way home. Perhaps I'll consider rescheduling for Saturday nights?

Time Lord, Alexander and Fister Magee like this.
  5. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Anyone thinking of going to Bowen's Astronomy night, you are in for a treat of knowledge on all our celestial happenings, and Ultima lore for sure. There's lots in the game and the skies that aren't immediately obvious and i especially like that there's secrets and goings on that aren't necessarily advertised. I think Mr Bowen should be referred to as Mr KnowItAll, in a good way of course!

6. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

I think saturday nights would work out better for many. I always seem to miss it, and really would like to attend one of these. I had the same problem with download speeds as well. I had to finally just grab it from torrent because of the number of seeds out there, which sped things up for me.

7. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

You know I seem to hear this a lot.. people keep telling me they want to go but just keep missing it.. the last one didn't even have a good reason.. she just looks up at the clock and.. oh too late. I originally picked Friday night as it didn't interfere with the regular weekend events and being a Friday most could be on late.. but darn it all it just doesn't seem to happen.

In the near future I'm hoping to change things up a bit and visit different locations. I know there have been plans for observatories in at least 2 different cities and of course there's the Novian Academy as well.

Another problem is night time is just too darn short! On the other hand the planets can actually be seen during the day now and both the moondial and astrolabs will make things a lot more visually interesting.

Time Lord, Alexander and Fister Magee like this.
  8. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Unfortunately, I won't be this Saturday either.. this update is WAY too big.. hours later and it's only just finishing patch 480. 2.7+G is just way too much.. but at least that means there's a lot of new content. but I'll need to stay offline for a couple days to get my bandwidth back to a comfortable place. :(

Alexander and Time Lord like this.
  9. Lace

Lace Avatar

I have not attended in awhile but when I did a gained a new appreciation for the sky.

I found this alignment which I call my Florida Gator Alignment lol. ( I was offered a full ride to FSU which I declined cause am that much more a Florida Gator Gal) .. So I loved this alignment of the sky a couple days ago and when I shot it, I thought of @Bowen Bloodgood who taught me to look for these things.

[​IMG]

I also came across this one whh I want to post in R34 events .. it shows a 3 way alignment but there was a 4th down and to left but capture not big enough and I thin I later realized there was one to upper right (or it may have been the beer making me see starts).

[​IMG]

Notice the new birds in the sky at night

10. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Just an update so people who are interested know what's going on..

I have, as of late been having a hard time with my bandwidth. I have only 20G per month (which is a LOT more than it used to be) but right now I'm still about 2 gigs over what my usage should be and so I'm not playing much.. in this case it's due in part to the HUGE update the current release was.

It looks like my Saturdays may not be feasible as I am returning to play with the Seattle Knights and Saturday practice will take most of my days. (but I get to swing steel at people again!). SO.. it's either Saturday nights or Sundays.

On a more positive note, the sky it is a changing! I am hoping this will be done next release and I'm excited to have new information for folks. So when I can get this event going again, look forward to new info. :) Hopefully this month..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.