Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Friends List and SPO

Discussion in 'Release 43 Feedback Forum' started by RiotBoss, Jul 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RiotBoss

RiotBoss Avatar

Is it intended that we are still visible on friends list when we are in single player online? Is there a way to hide my online status in single player online?

I hope so.

Lazlo and StarLord like this.
  2. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

AFAIK it is intended and currently you cannot hide your status if online.
    However there had been requests to be able to change the status (hide yourself) before and AFAIK it is being considered by the devs.

3. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

Since Friends list and Block list are separate, can you block your friends? Just wondering. A copy and paste into the block list while you want to be hidden could be a workaround.
    Not likely, but a thought.

4. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

This is a major privacy issue. It's also entirely unintuitive, because people play single player to be alone in the game. Some also do it to have a monopoly on resources which is just plain wrong. It is not cheating because the game let's itself get exploited.

5. RiotBoss

RiotBoss Avatar

I never really tried to block my friends...sounds like it can be a workaround. EDIT: This doesn't work.

I just want to know if I can hide my status because I have a few people on my list that are nosy and needy. I could remove them but sometimes I enjoy playing with them in online mode.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  6. RiotBoss

RiotBoss Avatar

They should consider to implement this, and I hope its not to much work for them.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  7. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

I'm pretty sure this feature already exist, they call it offline mode.

8. RiotBoss

RiotBoss Avatar

Yeah I haven't tried offline mode yet, but I have tried SPO. I'll check it out soon.

9. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

SPO is friends, they are 100% the same @RiotBoss it makes no sense.

10. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

If they'd allow us to teleport... but the teleport to friends is unavailable in SPO mode, even though you are online with everyone else.. seems dumb.

11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I really feel that single payer online should be single player online and your friends list and chat should only apply in multiplayer online or friends online.

Lazlo, RiotBoss and liz_the_wiz like this.
  12. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

@Barugon I bugged it as wtf (sorry but) is the point of having 3 modes if 2 are spot identical, SINGLE is not single, if you join a group and change to single, nothing happens other than you go through a zoning process. you still see them.. how is this single? clearly its not.

for us who prefer a quiet life.. and I know lots of people hate friends and would hate single if it was true, but, sometimes we just wanna do our own thing and mind our own.. I dont mind they can whisper me.. but.. single is that. I dont want to be seeing others - to be honest I dont really even want them talking to me or knowing Im on line if Im after being single.. then.. I wanted single!

Fister Magee, RiotBoss and Barugon like this.
  13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well as it is implemented that we need to switch from friends to Multi sometimes because of trying to explore a scene that is heavily populated and to try not to step on each others toes, I like being able to see the people online and I do not care who knows where I am. If they teleport to me, they do not teleport to me, just the scene I'm in and who knows if it will even be in the same instance I am in. For the moment due to the stage of the game, we will use teleport to others as a way to get around. The map does not give much incentive to travel it yet, no trade routes, caravans etc that entice anyone to use them. There are some encounters, but they are not really much but fight a few creatures and gather the resources in them which I do sometimes to gather and not fight so much to get them. ;). At first I wanted to not have to always say where I am but now that I know it does not matter and people cannot get to you just the scene entrance, it is perfect. Please teleport to me anytime anyone and use me for your teleport to a certain location of the map that you need. I am Majoria in game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.